Would Conor even survive a cut to 145 nowdays?

Ravenwing

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With all this talk about the edgar fight, would he really manage to cut down? Last fights at 145 he lookd like a dying at weigh ins. And that was years ago

Last edited:
he's never missed weight. he's been asked that and he confidently says he can still make 145. I believe him. he'd change his diet and his regiment and he'd make 145.

Conor never belonged in 145. Just trying to fight smaller guys

With all this talk about the edgar fight, would really manage to cut down? Last fights at 145 he lookd like a zombie at weigh ins. And that was years ago

Nope.Not ever gonna happen

I don't think he makes the cut, and if he is able to get down to 145 he won't be happy.

Conor would survive it. He has too much to live for.

Conor never belonged in 145. Just trying to fight smaller guys
Utter nonsense, he never missed weight, unlike Khabib who has missed weight several times. Khabib should have been forced up to WW for his missed cuts.

Nope, I don't think he could make that cut but his claim that he could is just further proof of how badly he doesn't want to fight Khabib or Tony and how badly he wants his name to stay relevant in any form or fashion.

He's never missed weight and had a good gas tank at 145lbs so I'd say yes he probably could make it. He has dropped from LW to FW in the past and he hasn't let himself go physically at all.

Conor walks around at 175.

If he ever comes back he will have to face reality, which is the 155 pound division.

No more fighting smaller guys.

of course he would. I don't understand people asking this. Its all about doing it right, at the right pace. He could 'survive' much lighter than that if done right but whether he'd have good strength and stamina is another matter. Think about how skeletal people in the concentration camps got when they were still living, and kids in Africa, think about Christian Bale in "The Mechanic". He could survive losing down to 120lbs or less if done right.

IMO he wouldnt even sign to fight at 145....Fight would happen at 155, he's basically stripped anyway, also there is the chance of taking the fight as a "non title" fight as well, him making weight in the past and willing to do that again are two very different things, in the past there was the path to double championship, now is just another fight, not worth looking like a zombie at weigh ins.

He's never missed weight and had a good gas tank at 145lbs so I'd say yes he probably could make it. He has dropped from LW to FW in the past and he hasn't let himself go physically at all.

This.

he's never missed weight. he's been asked that and he confidently says he can still make 145. I believe him. he'd change his diet and his regiment and he'd make 145.
Pretty short notice for such a hard cut

I didn't read on the details, but maybe the fight with Edgar would have been at 155 for Conor's lightweight belt?

Maybe that's what Dana and Conor would have came up with just to make Sherdogger's heads explode (along with Khabib and Tony's).

Sure mate he will just cut some of de whisky and ale. Increase cocaine.

Me fookin tummie is rumblin’ mates

Back