Funky Ben Askren rips Nate Diaz & Conor : "He knows fighting me would be a terrible idea"

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Well tbf, I doubt Conor even has any idea who Askren is (insert who-da-fook gif), but yeah, I don't think he would want to fight Ben either.

Askren says that McGregor barely beat a ".500, middle of the roads guy" in Diaz, who he says wins half of his fights, and loses the other half. lol

"He (McGregor) landed a couple of shots on Eddie Alvarez. Is he good? Sure. But I would like to see him, well A-He's never defended his belt, EVER. Is he the best in the world, I guess, if he's got the belt. If he wanted to come up and fight me, that'd be fine. He knows that's a terrible idea, I know that's a terrible idea. He's not gonna do it." - Ben Askren

Shame this guy never got picked up by the UFC. Probably the only guy whose wrestling / top control is on par
with Khabib. I have little doubt he would be champion there.

Time-stamped :

Well, at least they have beaten top ten fighters......

Askren got handed a gift decision against Jay Hieron of all people....

I don't understand how some people think that he'd become the UFC WW champ easily.

That being said, he beats Conor and Nate on the same night with one arm tied around his back.

Askren got handed a gift decision against Jay Hieron of all people....

I don't understand how some people think that he'd become the UFC WW champ easily.

That being said, he beats Conor and Nate on the same night with one arm tied around his back.

He has improved quite a bit since that Hieron fight. He is finishing all of his fights in recent times.

His wrestling would give anyone in the division a problem, even Woodley. His pressure is insane. He never lets up.

Im sure Conor knows who askren is, but the guys askren has beat....

<FookIsThatGuy>

maxresdefault.jpg

Askren going full poodle. Thing is we will never know what he was capable of cause he never hit the big time.

He has improved quite a bit since that Hieron fight. He is finishing all of his fights in recent times.

His wrestling would give anyone in the division a problem, even Woodley. His pressure is insane. He never lets up.
I don't think he's improved much, it's just that he's facing overmatched competition. I mean, Luis Santos was whooping his ass and stuffing all his TDs easily until Askren eye gouged him.

I wish Ben would have a go in the UFC. Would be great to see how he does in the premier organization. Its easy for him to take lot shots at fighters when he's unable to fight them.

I feel bad for Askren. I'd loved to have seen him in the UFC. But his prime was right at the time the UFC was waging an undeclared war on lay and pray fighting. (Which was largely successful, even if it had some regrettable casualties in guys like Okami or Shields).

Now the guy is doing anything he can to irritate Diaz or McGregor and make a bit of money before retiring. I don't blame him, but it is a bit sad, especially with him being a welterweight.

I don't think he's improved much, it's just that he's facing overmatched competition. I mean, Luis Santos was whooping his ass and stuffing all his TDs easily until Askren eye gouged him.

Yea and Santos was also gassing out by the time that eye poke happened. Askren would have rag dolled him the rest of that fight had it continued.

Everyone knows he has the ability to wrestlefuck just about anyone on any given day.
Had he swallowed his pride initially with Dana, he'd have already fought the best of the best already, and who knows? He could've very well been champ by now.

But instead he opted to spend the rest of his career fighting Malaysian garbagemen.
Now, post-retirement he's trying to goad legit names (And noted non-wrestlers) into wrestling clinics.... Fuck off.

This is like Joe Son getting out of prison and challenging Conor to a game of Roshambo.

Bit of a pussy move to call out lightweights when he himself is a welterweight. Don't see him call out Yoel

I think Askren is one of the most boring fighters in mma history. But, I'd love to see him wrestle fuck Conor for a W.

Yea and Santos was also gassing out by the time that eye poke happened. Askren would have rag dolled him the rest of that fight had it continued.
Lol no he wasn't. That eye poke was intentional, and a way to get out of a beatdown.

Back