Why Hasn't Max Holloway Stepped Up to Light Weight?

Dont Frye

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I forgot how good Max's ground game is...

Is he more BJJ, or wrestling?

Cause it's good smashing midgets. Just ask Colin Mcgregory he enjoyed himself down there.

I forgot how good Max's ground game is...

Is he more BJJ, or wrestling?
See McGregor dominating him on the ground with a blown knee. I'm sure he's a lot better now but I'd like to see him fight Frankie/Ortega winner before moving up. Especially if Frankie wins I want to see his takedown defense because he has yet to fight a good wrestler and would like to see if he closed that gap in his game.

Cause it's good smashing midgets. Just ask Colin Mcgregory he enjoyed himself down there.
stop acting like guys going up in weight havent been doing better than guys going down in weight

stop acting like guys going up in weight havent been doing better than guys going down in weight

I'd say its about even. You have guys like Whittaker, , McGregor, Rumble, and Gastelum (and of course GSP) moving up and doing well in heavier weight classes but you also have guys like DC, Edgar and Mighty Mouse moving down and also doing well.

Because he has the belt at 145 and has to defend it.

Probably because he is successful at the weight he is at... usually champs don't go up till they clean out a division, or are named Connor...

He already said he will at some point

He's 26 years old and has a belt to defend. Lots of time for 155.

In his latest interview before pulling out he said he was going to eventually.

Can the man have a nice title run before we talk about him moving division?

There's no guarantee he is going to beat Frankie or Ortega.

If he clears out his division he may well do

Couple more title defences he will be looking to get a re match with Conor

Because he has the belt at 145 and has to defend it.
this. Once upon a time it was traditional for a fighter to defend a belt he'd earned. Not scurry off for some handouts.

Seems like he is scared to try and do what Conor did.

But...UFC Hipsters will defend him.
What's scary about fighting for another man's belt when if you lose you still have yours to fall back on?

You know what's terrifying? Defending your belt for a long dominant time.

Seems like he is scared to try and do what Conor did.

But...UFC Hipsters will defend him.
Lol. Scared to not defend his belt. I've heard it all now. Anyway, he said he's probably moving up soon.

I don't see him doing much against Tony and nothing against khabob. He would probably go up for a big money fight but otherwise nothing but downside.

he's waiting in line to fight Might Mouse, the most exciting greatest fighter of all time, no one will ever beat him at any weight

Back