Best and Worst TV Cards This Decade?

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations, but also always like to hear about the train wreck cards :)

Since I'm such an optimist I'll give you the worst ones:

UFC on Fuel TV 7
UFC 161

You're welcome.

worst train wreck ever was Fox 1. heavily marketed. a whole hour dedicated to JDS v Cain, the fight started about 20 minutes in, and it was over in a minute. queue another 35 minutes of talking.

my guess is Fox thought they knew more about this stuff than Dana, who had been perfecting PPV's for almost a decade. whoever demanded a one hour, one fight card should have been demoted to the mail room.

Fox didn't heavily market another one for a year or so. which was too bad, because Fox 2 thru Fox 6 were awesome cards, watched by few.

another train wreck was (i think) TUF 2. Marquardt v Salaverry. this was early Spike era, but they hit a home run with TUF 1. then this one bombed. capped by a main event that consisted of 15 minutes of feeling out by both fighters.

and then Dana fired Salaverry over it when Marquardt was given the nod, even though Marquardt tested + afterward. go figure. probably due to Ivan being friends with Tito, and Tito & Dana were on the outs.

Back