Dana White did not say Conor was stripped of the title

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Have been seeing a bunch of threads claiming Conor has officially been stripped, but then in the links shared Dana purposely avoids answering the question as usual. Am I missing something?

Interview:

ggoy3vH.png

Daddy Dana's Lies:

As soon as they fight... the belt will go to the winner & Conor will be stripped at that point.

I feel that's what's going on. After this fight falling through 3 times in the past... they don't want to just strip Conor now & then have it fall through a 4th time.

After Tony v Khabib ends, Dana will wrap the LW belt around Conor​

As soon as they fight... the belt will go to the winner & Conor will be stripped at that point.

I feel that's what's going on. After this fight falling through 3 times in the past... they don't want to just strip Conor now & then have it fall through a 4th time yeah?

I tend to agree. I understand why they did not strip McGregor prior to his fight with Mayweather, but they should have given him a month or two at most to schedule a defense afterwards. Imo, he should have been stripped of the LW title in the late fall, early winter. Both his unwillingness to defend at LW and his previous unwillingness to defend throughout his career should be considered.

Seems to me like confirming that Ferguson is the current undisputed LW champ would increase interest in his fight with Khabib, which is one of the biggest LW fights in years. I think there are only two plausible reasons for not doing so. The obvious one is that the UFC is afraid to lose their last hopes of a McGregor return. That's a huge miscalculation for several reasons imo: first, I think McGregor is much more willing to fight for the title than to fight to defend it. Strip him, and the guy will get hungry again and come looking for scalps. Whether he wins or loses in that endeavor, the UFC will sell PPVs.

The point is to strip. Connie doesn't believe in defending a title so he'll never lose a title. But if he's stripped then he can only win a title.

I feel that's what's going on. After this fight falling through 3 times in the past... they don't want to just strip Conor now & then have it fall through a 4th time.
I really hope this is what's going on.

I imagine they'll make the announcement during the ceremonial weigh-ins for 223.

It's not champ champ anymore it's strip strip.
The double Strip does whatever the fook he wants, fook all ya.

I concur. I thought the same thing after going through the possible reasoning behind the hesitancy from Dana

I don’t know why this confuses people. Dana and the UFC care about profit above all else. McShitdick is their cash cow. They don’t want to piss him off. It sucks, but that’s the state of the UFC at the moment. I thought Zuffa was bad on this front, but it’s gotten worse since the sale.

Dana is a girls name and he slept with his brothers wife. Worst of all is dissing Fedor during his prime.

Have been seeing a bunch of threads claiming Conor has officially been stripped, but then in the links shared Dana purposely avoids answering the question as usual. Am I missing something?

Interview:

ggoy3vH.png

Daddy Dana's Lies:

he is not lying.
But he is trying to deceive you.

They did not strip Conor.
They WILL... ONLY if Tony & Khabib fight happens.

There's no sense in stripping him unless this fight happens.

That's why he won't even confirm he will strip him, but he indicates the division will move on (from Conor)... but it is ONLY if the division moves on (with a new crowned champion)

I tend to agree. I understand why they did not strip McGregor prior to his fight with Mayweather, but they should have given him a month or two at most to schedule a defense afterwards. Imo, he should have been stripped of the LW title in the late fall, early winter. Both his unwillingness to defend at LW and his previous unwillingness to defend throughout his career should be considered.

Seems to me like confirming that Ferguson is the current undisputed LW champ would increase interest in his fight with Khabib, which is one of the biggest LW fights in years. I think there are only two plausible reasons for not doing so. The obvious one is that the UFC is afraid to lose their last hopes of a McGregor return. That's a huge miscalculation for several reasons imo: first, I think McGregor is much more willing to fight for the title than to fight to defend it. Strip him, and the guy will get hungry again and come looking for scalps. Whether he wins or loses in that endeavor, the UFC will sell PPVs.

I definitely agree with the last part....he doesn't seem to like defending something he already won...but fighting for the title, he'll do in a heart beat...for him it seems, winning the title is the accomplished goal..once achieved, he's done.

Right. He did not say Conor was stripped. He said Conor understands why he is about to be stripped.

seems reasonable

i also think if negotiations are finalized prior to the fight, he also likely isn't stripped.

but who knows

Back