True or False: Conor offered to step in and fight Edgar because he'd have a massive size advantage

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Pretend this scenario played out at LW. Let's say Khabib or Ferguson got hurt and pulled out of the title fight... Does Conor offer to step in? My ass. Edgar is a tough matchup for him because of his wrestling, but it's better than the other options (save for Nate). Conor/his team only take fights where they have an advantage.

I hate to break it to you, but he is never fighting Tony or Khabib. He literally decided he would rather hand over his belt without a fight than to defend it. Let that sink in for a second. He handed over his belt without resistance.

#Conorderandamie

People for ages said he was always ducking Frankie because he would easily destroy him. Now Frankie is a scrub since Conor said he would fight him AHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAAA

Conor only calls out smaller folks. This is well documented. He's making a mistake here though as Frankie would jack him up.

He's the 155 lb "champ", and trying to cut to 145 and win a title again so he can force ferguson and khabib to eliminate each other and not have to fight them both.

in my opinion.

So, obvious. Conor doesn't want to face fighters with "special physical attributes." LOL

He knows Frankie Edgar is an easy KO.

I read somewhere that it wouldn't have even been for the 155 belt. Even though Ali is pretty unreliable, someone on Edgar's side (couldn't remember if it was Ali or not) said Conor requested for the UFC to create a 165lb belt for UFC 222

People for ages said he was always ducking Frankie because he would easily destroy him. Now Frankie is a scrub since Conor said he would fight him AHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAAA

Before - " Frankie is the worst matchup for conor"

After - " conor is cherry picking Frankie!"

The bigger story is why didn't he 'step up' to unify the title against El Cucuy, if he was ready to fight, as a "champion" should?

What a joke.

People think Ferguson is a tough fight for Conor hahahaha

Before - " Frankie is the worst matchup for conor"

After - " conor is cherry picking Frankie!"

***Actual reality and not fanboy delusion***

Before- mcgregor was still FW champ and was holding up the division fighting Diaz twice instead of defending against Edgar

After-mcgregor now LW champ holding up that division for 15 months instead of defending against interim champ Ferguson

No one gives a crap about his BS “offer” to fight Edgar. That ship sailed two years ago. Defend your belt.

Last edited:
Conor only calls out smaller folks. This is well documented. He's making a mistake here though as Frankie would jack him up.

He's the 155 lb "champ", and trying to cut to 145 and win a title again so he can force ferguson and khabib to eliminate each other and not have to fight them both.

in my opinion.
They already are elimanating each other buddy. The fight is booked.

I kinda understand his plan though. He will most likely fight the winner of Khabib and Tony fight. He wanted to do it with 2 belts though.

Anyway - fuck the McGregors! Vacate that belt so the real fighters can fight for real belts.

"Conor's ducking Frankie"

Conor said:
I'll step in and fight Frankie on short notice

"Conor's cherry picking Frankie"

I'm wondering why Conor comes out and says this 10 days or so after the Frankie/Ortega fight is set.

If he would have come out early he could have guaranteed the fight taking place.

Frankie would have jumped at it. The fans would have jumped at it. Ortega wouldn't have to be rushed into a camp where, imo, he's going to spend the majority of the time making sure he's on target for weight. Ortega made his intentions clear after subbing Cub he was going to wait for a TS so he probably thought he would be on extended vacation.

So I call BS on Conor. It's a attention stunt.

People think Ferguson is a tough fight for Conor hahahaha
Indeed, I believe Frankie and Khabib are worse matchups on paper. Tony is someone who always rises to the occasion though so it's hard to count him out

"Conor's cherry picking Frankie"

Bum Sherdoggers when he offers to step in after claiming Conor's ducking Frankie.

giphy.gif

He's a lying sack of shit. So he's basically saying that he won't fight in HIS division, and defend HIS belt, but instead go down and fight Frankie on short notice. He did it so he would be talked about, he's becoming irrelavent.

He's a lying sack of shit. So he's basically saying that he won't fight in HIS division, and defend HIS belt, but instead go down and fight Frankie on short notice. He did it so he would be talked about, he's becoming irrelavent.
PijcGEU.gif

Back