Remember when Hunt almost arm barred Ben Rothwell and also thought he walk away KOd him?

Melas Chasma

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Very fun fight.

Arm bar attempt:

Walk away, Hunt facial expression is priceless when he realises Ben ate it like a pancake:

On a sidenote, this fight was in altitude and both fighters gassed hard at the end, but early in the fight you can clearly see how much better these HWs were +5 years ago. Their movement was so much better and they were much faster. IMO its ridiculous how much Stipe gets credit today for beating so old and out of prime HWs.

That fight single handedly made me think (for a second) Hunt was going to be the next HW king. Coming off of a ko of Tuchscherer and then almost subbing Ben had me like....

That fight was the beginning of a new chapter for Hunt. I remember he was easily taken down and immediately mounted in Rd 1, and I thought it was over.

By the time he was going for that armbar, I was very impressed with him, despite the fact that it was a very frustrating fight to watch.

12079.jpg

No but hunto went on a mean walk off ko run after Rothwell.

TS is right. Stipe is the most overrated fighter I've seen in a while. Couldn't even finish a white belt on the ground after punching him well over a hundred times.

If that was Cain or Lesnar on top of Ngannou, fight would've been over by the 2nd round.

Who would had thought Hunt had better cardio than Rothwell. 3rd round coming in, Rothwell looked like a freaking zombie and Hunt was head kicking him

loved that fight most ppl hated it. HW has a different vibe/flow so i understand that opinion

I do remember shouting 'NO WAY!!' when Mark went for that arm bar, that would have been up there with the most excited I've ever been watching MMA if he'd pulled it off

Very fun fight.

Arm bar attempt:

Walk away, Hunt facial expression is priceless when he realises Ben ate it like a pancake:

On a sidenote, this fight was in altitude and both fighters gassed hard at the end, but early in the fight you can clearly see how much better these HWs were +5 years ago. Their movement was so much better and they were much faster. IMO its ridiculous how much Stipe gets credit today for beating so old and out of prime HWs.

I dont understand how Ben submitted Barnett, really

TS is right. Stipe is the most overrated fighter I've seen in a while. Couldn't even finish a white belt on the ground after punching him well over a hundred times.

If that was Cain or Lesnar on top of Ngannou, fight would've been over by the 2nd round.
Jones with no steroids ? He is the most overrated fighter, he cannot do without steroids, not even sex

I feel that Hunt could have been champion in the UFC with the right match ups AND if he had been more focused on his training for MMA at an earlier stage. His last fight showed his age, still dangerous to the last though. Now, he has two fight left in the UFC and that's propably for the better, but oh man I will miss Hunt when he is no longer in the UFC. Legend.

Lmao if that was Lesnar he'd be curled up in the fetal position taking blows in round 1

Lesnar wouldn't make it to the 2nd round, the f*ck you talking about ...

2 HW fights on the main card at altitude wasn't a great decision. Broughton/Browne was worse.

Back