HW Division: Scott Coker 2, Dana White 0

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scott Coker has one up'd Dana White in the Heavyweight division, again.

That's twice now.

First time he did it with the Strikeforce HW Grandprix.

Now he is doing it once again with the Bellator HW Tournament.

Once again, the UFC's HW division is dead. Yes, Stipe is the best fighter on the planet, but at 3 title defenses he's already out of opponents. He's got to instead, fight DC- ironically, a guy who Scott Coker took a chance with and put into the spotlight.

PS: Scott Coker also took a chance on WMMA when Dana White laughed at the idea openly.

At this point, is Scott Coker better for the sport than Dana White?
My vote is yes, he is.

wouldnt say better but scott is just as good as dana

Eh, it's not like the majority of Bellator's top HW division hasn't already been in the UFC. (minus King Mo and Fedor)

As much as I dislike saying anything which appears to side with Dana, a HW tournament with only 50% of the fighters being HWs isn't much of a moral victory.

That's twice now.

Once again, the UFC's HW division is dead. Yes, Stipe is the best fighter on the planet, but at 3 title defenses he's already out of opponents. He's got to instead, fight DC- ironically, a guy who Scott Coker took a chance with and put into the spotlight.

PS: Scott Coker also took a chance on WMMA when Dana White laughed at the idea openly.

My vote is yes, he is.

u mean that grandprix with 4 ufc hasbins, 2 205ers, 1 guy who couldn't pass a usada test and fedor who had m1 globel keeping him from ufc.

I like hat scott is willing to take chances with Viacom blessing as .long as he getting big rating on spike tv.

they given him blank checks to sign any one ufc doesn't want any more

SF was really good (MW and WW too), sometimes putting up better cards than UFC, Bellator still lacks talent.

Strikeforce was awesome and Coker deserves props for that but the bald Godfather is in another league.

Yeah, this current GP sucks.

That's twice now.

My vote is yes, he is.
i think you overestimate how much control Dana actually has

{<jordan}

DependableGreenKoi-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

HW tournament with 3 LHWs and one MW.

This bs about the Bellator HW division is ridiculous.
Bader is a LHW
Quinton Jackson, Roy Nelson, Mir, Emelianenko, Sonnen, MM will finish their careers in 2 years.
Scott Coker will have to build the division from scratch ffs

That's twice now.

My vote is yes, he is.

If you like this grand prix shit, sucks to be you.

Meh, it's a B level spectacle. Stipe mauls all of the fighters involved. I prefer watching the best fighters compete in the best organisation, not freak show matchups in a circus.

Back