The reason why Fedor's prime was so short

Vojislav

I fight for honor
Banned
Reaction score
Fedor was one of the rare clean fighters of his era.

Other fighters of his generation extended their prime with PEDs, Fedor didn't.

Fedor's prime ended when he was around 30 because that's where the physical prime of someone who isn't on PEDs ends, especially if they have pushed their bodies since their childhood like Fedor did with sambo.

A decade is "short" to you?

Ok "god".

A decade is "short" to you?

Ok "god".

His prime was circa 2002-2006.

I'm referring to people who think he was still in his prime when he started losing in 2010.

Lmao whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's short,if you compare it with Tellurium128 half-life.

"Man, USADA really did a number on some of these guys." -Kenny Florian

TS is right. Its also explains why Fedor`s recovery after getting rocked has always been bad. He was still on wobbly legs when the Fujita fight ended and against pillow fisted Maldonado after the knockdown it was the only reason why the first round went like it did. He never had a great chin or good recovery even in his prime.

I love Fedor as much as anyone,

But overkill with the threads already.

Appreciate him for what he was, the best HW of his generation.

Watch his fights, forget these GOAT fairytale threads, they are a waste of your life...

What's with the Fedor threads this week?

TS is right. Its also explains why Fedor`s recovery after getting rocked has always been bad. He was still on wobbly legs when the Fujita fight ended and against pillow fisted Maldonado after the knockdown it was the only reason why the first round went like it did. He never had a great chin or good recovery even in his prime.

He didn't have good recovery?

Tell me about all the times he failed to recover when he was in Pride?

I'll wait.

He didn't have good recovery?

Tell me about all the times he failed to recover when he was in Pride?

I'll wait.

Tell me all the times he got rocked during his 10 years streak. His defense was incredible, dont confuse it on anything else. He just very rarely got hit hard and clean.

His prime was circa 2002-2006.

I'm referring to people who think he was still in his prime when he started losing in 2010.

I'd agree it probably took until around 2002 for him to hit his peak, before that there was somewhat of a niavity to him tactically as you can see vs Arona.

As far as when he dropped off personally my view is that whilst he did lose it physically all around the technical decline was much worse in his grappling yet we didn't really get to see much of the latter vs Syvlia and Arlovski. He did still look good grappling wise vs CHoi on NYE 2007 yet against Rogers you could clearly see he wasn't at that level anymore and all of the following loses were ultimately down to grappling.

The basic premise honestly might well be correct, Sherdog likes to pretend keeping at peak form into their late 30's is normal but...

Vitor = Legal TRT and illegal PEDs
Randy = Legal TRT
Anderson = Illegal PEDS
Hendo = Legal TRT

Plus of course a lot of fighters who last late also start late.

Tell me all the times he got rocked during his 10 years streak. His defense was incredible, dont confuse it on anything else. He just very rarely got hit hard and clean.

He got rocked once... and recovered and destroyed the guy like a minute later.

That would be evidence towards good recovery.

Do you have any evidence supporting your bad recovery theory?

Agree. Fedor should've quit fighting when he lost to Blagoi Ivanov in Sambo. Werdum, Bigfoot, Henderson etc. fought and beat the remains of a once great fighter. Not the prime version.

Yeah, that Randleman supplex looked harmless.

Back