How much better of a wrestler is Weedman than Jacare?

Jerry the mouse

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jacare's wrestling needs to be on point against Kelvin, otherwise I think he's getting knocked out.

We all know Jacare usually only needs one takedown to seal the deal, but how big of a gap is there between his TDs and Weedman's?

Well I remember Brent Weedman having a decent ground game but that was some time ago

Jacare's ground game is solid, but Weidman's is better.

Weidman worked Demian Maia over on the ground. Not too many people have done that.

Jacare schooled Werdum of all people I actually believe Jacare would win in a grappling match with both wrestling and jiujitsu.

He would get laid on like he did against Couture.
132235.jpg

Jacare has decent takedowns.Kelvin has to have his TD defense on point.

Weidmans grappling is overrated Rockhold absolutely killed him.

Well I remember Brent Weedman having a decent ground game but that was some time ago

And there was the time that Bongfeld almost ko'd Weedman.... We can all do the math... I'm just sayin...

Weidman worked Demian Maia over on the ground. Not too many people have done that.

Jacare ground game is on another level than Weidman come on. No disrespect to the Chris

Jacare ground game is on another level than Weidman come on. No disrespect to the Chris

In terms of submissions and transitions, yes, but in terms of getting a motherf*cker to the ground and holding him down, Chris is probably the better man. Jacare's challenge vs Kelvin is getting the takedown and keeping Kelvin there.

In terms of submissions and transitions, yes, but in terms of getting a motherf*cker to the ground and holding him down, Chris is probably the better man. Jacare's challenge vs Kelvin is getting the takedown and keeping Kelvin there.

He was saying ground game not wrestling though.
yep KG and Weidman wrestling are clearly better.. But I wouldnt be surprise if jacare overpower KG in the clinch, the size difference is a factor and if it hit the ground jacare pressure is scary

Jacare has a more diverse repetoire of takedowns. Doesn't really matter because he can pull guard and take a limb home in seconds. The Weedman was a BJJ prodigy however, and I believe he could nullify Jacare's ground game.

Weidman is also a huge MW.

Also, the words "Jacare's ground game is sold, but Weidman's is better" should never be uttered again in the history of mankin

Jacare has a more diverse repetoire of takedowns. Doesn't really matter because he can pull guard and take a limb home in seconds. The Weedman was a BJJ prodigy however, and I believe he could nullify Jacare's ground game.

Weidman may have been a prodigy, but Jacare was the real deal

Back