UFC Performance Institute, is it a Conflict of Interest? Should UFC interfere in outcomes?

GOATER

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now I know the UFC set this up so any fight can use it....but the reality is, not everybody uses it.

So far, from what I seen Ngannou, Conor, and Kevin Lee used this.....and all of them seem to be pushed by the UFC to be succesful.

Ngannou was totally favored by Dana, there is no denying that the UFC wanted Ngannou to win.

Same goes with Kevin Lee, if Dana had his way...Kevin Lee would beat Ferguson because in Dana's feeble little mind, the thought of Lee vs Conor sells way more than Khabib or Ferguson vs Conor.

In Conor's case, atleast it was used against Mayweather so it was alright since it was "UFC vs Boxing"...Im sure Conor will probably use again for his upcoming UFC fights

It just seems very fucking fishy to me, that the UFC is helping some fighters to beat other fighters.

Also knowing that this is a Corporation, how do we know that some fighters don't get better help than others....

Lets say for Example Stipe and Ngannou both used the UFC Performance institute...They could easily sabotaged Stipe by giving him worse help than Ngannou...I know people will say thats impossible, but it's certainly a possibility.

I honestly don't like this.....UFC shouldn't interfere or help any fighters in becoming a better fighter....Fighters should stick to their own training camps, UFC should just promote.

Yes, it is.

And no, much like the Reebok deal, fighter pay epidemic, UFC's draconian contracts, etc, nothing will be done about it.

that's all that thing was built for .. The big sale !! UFC was pushed as a new sport .. Hollywood got suckered out of 4 billion and Dana and tittas laugh to the bank..

all they want it for is to collect data and sell it ..

Mma ain't even a sport​
Oh yeah? Lol you high? You must be trollin

Lol smh ..."MMA isnt even a sport"

By definition here's what a sport is my friend...."Any physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or "others" in a competition or for entertainment is a sport." Seems like it would fit the bill to me.
What else do you call it? Billiards?

Fighting itself is not a sport.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it, nobody will be going to it after the Ngannou fight.

They already hired USADA, so that's already a conflict of interest.

Perfect example is how USADA gave Brock an exemption from the 4-month-long drug testing.

They also allowed him to fight Hunt whiled juiced to the gills instead of cancelling the fight.

The UFC performance institute is singularly responsible for the death of my father.

It's for all the fighters that b**** about paying their trainers and not making any money. UFC supplementing income just like that did with DanaCare. Wonder how much the establishment cost and what they could be paying fighters instead.

Sports entertainment / pseudo sport.

All G

I thought the main goal of the Institute was educating fighters and teach how to do things properly. you may be over thinking this.

Its open to all UFC fighters soo....but I know what you mean I don't think it is tho.

A good example of a conflict of interest is when the UFC hired a personal nutritionist for Kelvin Gastelum & Matt Brown called them out on it

If they want to use it they can, some don't so they won't. What's the issue? I'm pretty sure they still have to bring in their own trainers and pay them I imagine.

Whats the big deal?
FIghters have the choice to use it or not.

No.

Unless they are excluding people from using it. Otherwise its open to everyone if they want to use it or not. What exactly is the problem?

A facility available to all fighters is a conflict of interest?
<31>

Oh yeah? Lol you high? You must be trollin

Lol smh ..."MMA isnt even a sport"

By definition here's what a sport is my friend...."Any physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or "others" in a competition or for entertainment is a sport." Seems like it would fit the bill to me.
What else do you call it? Billiards?

Fighting itself is not a sport.
is pro wrestling a sport? It requires skill and physical exertion too.

Yes, favoritsm is real. Its real everywhere.

Has nothing to do with the outcome though. The ufc can push and promote who they want, and even throw guys under the bus whom thwart their plans... but in the end shit gets decided in the cage, the athletic commission oversees the sport, and the outcome.

Matt Brown made an issue out of this when the UFC paid for Kelvin's nutritionist.

Shit, that's just how the world works. Are you going to overcome it, like Cyborg did? YEARS of being bashed by Dana and the UFC... while they showered Ronda with roses. Yet, Cyborg was resilient, she chose to overcome.

And today, Cyborg is UFC world champion main-eventing ppvs while Ronda retired in shame and is now in the WWE.

Yes favourtism is real, but it can only get you so far.

Back