The fight of the decade so far, 2 years till 2020?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Fedor vs Crocop was chosen as the fight of the decade by Sports Illustrated and Yahoo Sports and Fedor Emelianenko was named as the best fighter of the decade as well also by Sports Illustrated and by Fight! Magazine, Valetudo.ru, Bleacher Report, MMAfighting.com, and About.com.

What will be the fight of the decade in two years time? I wonder if it won't be Khabib vs Conor, if it comes to fruition. Fighters in their primes, undefeated Sambo fighter vs dangerous european southpaw striker, first two time concurrent UFC champion.

Khabib-conor is likely to be a short one sided beatdown either way. Khabib-tony has much better chance of being fight of the decade. As of now some choices are

Rory-Lawler 2
Jones-Gustafson
Not sure what else.

Diaz/Gomi > Fedor/Cro Cop, IMO

Honestly, my vote for this decade would be Bisping/GSP or Swanson/Ho Choi

JDHpAqw.gif

Johnson-Gaethje

or MacDonald-Lawler. I rewatched recently and had forgotten that Robbie and Rory were being booed after the 1st round.

JJ?Rose Cogar/T dilly, Count/Rush was the best 3 fight sequence i have ever seen. tough one TS. gotta think on it

Fedor vs Crocop was chosen as the fight of the decade by Sports Illustrated and Yahoo Sports and Fedor Emelianenko was named as the best fighter of the decade as well also by Sports Illustrated and by Fight! Magazine, Valetudo.ru, Bleacher Report, MMAfighting.com, and About.com.

What will be the fight of the decade in two years time? I wonder if it won't be Khabib vs Conor, if it comes to fruition. Fighters in their primes, undefeated Sambo fighter vs dangerous european southpaw striker, first two time concurrent UFC champion.
Jon Jones vs Alexander Gus

Johnson-Gaethje

or MacDonald-Lawler. I rewatched recently and had forgotten that Robbie and Rory were being booed after the 1st round.
great choice with mike/justin. i told my dad to watch the fight, as it was being replayed. i was in the other room, he is a pretty laid back guy, all i hear is "HOLY SHIT! WOW! UNREAL!" i got a real kick out of that

Henderson vs Shogun 1

I honestly cannot believe that you are the only one in this thread who has said this.

This fight was the slobberknocker to end all slobberknockers between two living legends. This fight is the reason that fans immediately agreed 5 round, non-title fights were a great addition.

This fight isn't just the fight of the decade, it's probably the best mma fight of all time.

TJ vs MM when it happens.

I honestly cannot believe that you are the only one in this thread who has said this.

This fight was the slobberknocker to end all slobberknockers between two living legends. This fight is the reason that fans immediately agreed 5 round, non-title fights were a great addition.

This fight isn't just the fight of the decade, it's probably the best mma fight of all time.
Agreed

You are absolutely correct.

No fight gave me chills like that. It is indeed my favorite fight of all time. Interestingly enough, Shogun vs Lil Nog 1 in 2005 in PRIDE is my second favorite fight of all time. Not even that big of a Shogun fan but it was insane as well.

Silva vs Sonnen 1

It' not even close. Silva fighter of the decade and greatest comeback ever. 23 minutes of awesome

Conor Aldo, easily.

'fight of the decade' is the most important fight, not the 'best'.

People saying Gaetche...seriously?

For pure entertainment and not taking into account importance of the fight? I agree Shogun/Hendo 1 is in that mix for sure. Cub/Superboy too. Someone said Rory/Lawler 2 and have to agree there as well.

Conor vs Mayweather in terms of viewers and $$$

Conor Aldo, easily.

'fight of the decade' is the most important fight, not the 'best'.

People saying Gaetche...seriously?

Yeah if that's the criteria totally different story. I guess you could be right, it kinda solidified the biggest star in the sport's history as a megastar. Nothing else happened that had such overwhelming significance that you'd for sure put it above this.

Weird to say a 17 second fight is the "most important fight of the decade", but it very well could be from a macro standpoint.

The only other one I can think of that compares is Holm/Rousey, as it knocked the biggest star in the sport (by far at the time) off her pedestal and shattered her aura of invincibility in WMMA.

Back