The Only Wang Chung Master To Fight in the UFC

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Jiu Jitsu & Judo practitioner Dave Beneteau faced Wing Chun master Asbel Cancio at UFC 5.

Asbel in in the black, Beneteau is shirtless.

718bZ-1jnbL._SL1100_.jpg

I heard Ving Tsun will become the new jiu-jitsu in 2025.

Thought this was an Andy Wang thread damn

IP man should've tried out for the UFC

That worked so well for him! I'm surprised that whole blocking punches with your face thing didn't catch on.

Anderson uses Wing Chun Hand traps and sticky hands.

Last edited:
He's not even Chinese imo, so definitely not a true Wing Chun master. He did say he was a Gung Fu fighter instead of a Kung Fu fighter though, and that has to count for something.

He's not even Chinese imo, so definitely not a true Wing Chun master. He did say he was a Gung Fu fighter instead of a Kung Fu fighter though, and that has to count for something.
Rumor has it, that he only had a few months of Wing Chun training and little, if any, preparation for a full contact competition. His MMA career opened and closed with his loss to Dave Beneteau at UFC 5. Outside of the ring he served as a Miami Dade County corrections officer. He had some claim to fame for being on the receiving end of the fastest Canadian delivered KO in UFC history, until Joseph Sandoval took the title in 2012.

Not going to bother reading them, but i can guarantee any comments on that video read like :

"that's not real wong chang, a real wang chong guy would have slipped the take down using kimchai-agiri and cut off his nerve endings with a knife hand dart strike".

"most woung choung moves are designed to kill people in the streets, not under fake controlled mma rules."

I can't believe that didn't work! Wing Chun is supposed to be lightning fast, efficient, and incredible potent at close range.

Back