RDA is the best man to take the belt from Woodley. Do you agree or disagree?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
RDA is a bad match up for Woodley imho. He has a much bigger arsenal than Woodley offensively. And his defense looked significantly improved in his fight against Lawler after working with Jason Parillo.

Powerful kicks, including those nasty leg kicks on the calf (much harder to catch for a td)

Muay Thai Clinch (making Woodley tired as the fight progresses)

Relentless pressure and cardio (agains the fence)

Dangerous submission game
giphy-downsized-large-9.gif

Creative striking, effective counters
rafael_dos_anjos_highlights_2015.gif
tumblr_nv7mgxxpM61ueu615o3_250.gif

Woodley can awlays catch anybody with that right hand, that´s true. But the fact is he needs to conserve his gas for the championship rounds so he can´t just explode all the time. And he can´t sit on the fence either, otherwise he´ll just get overwhelmed by that non stop pressure RDA brings.

Thoughts?

RDA with that defense is getting KTFO by Woodley

if not RDA then maybe someone like usman who might be able to outwrestle woodley, maybe till but we still need to see a bit more from both of those guys since neither has an actual " elite " like.. top 5 win yet.

wonderboy could still outpoint woodley, just can't get hurt like the last 2 fights.

Pressure fighter that uses leg kicks and has great grappling.

RDA next WW champ. Quit ducking

if not RDA then maybe someone like usman who might be able to outwrestle woodley, maybe till but we still need to see a bit more from both of those guys.

Usman is so goddamn overrated its not funny.

RDA is a bad match up for Woodley imho. He has a much bigger arsenal than Woodley offensively. And his defense looked significantly improved in his fight against Lawler after working with Jason Parillo.

Powerful kicks, including those nasty leg kicks on the calf (much harder to catch for a td)

Muay Thai Clinch (making Woodley tired as the fight progresses)

Relentless pressure and cardio (agains the fence)

Dangerous submission game
giphy-downsized-large-9.gif

Creative striking, effective counters
rafael_dos_anjos_highlights_2015.gif
tumblr_nv7mgxxpM61ueu615o3_250.gif

Woodley can awlays catch anybody with that right hand, that´s true. But the fact is he needs to conserve his gas for the championship rounds so he can´t just explode all the time. And he can´t sit on the fence either, otherwise he´ll just get overwhelmed by that non stop pressure RDA brings.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I think he is undersized for the job.
Woodley is a good wrestler that can tie him up and use his size & strength advantage and win an ugly, grinding fight.
but I guess we will see :)

Should add "tale of the tape" stats to thread imo.

Love RDA but I think Woodley has the edge here.

Edit: Wording.

The question is: how good is RDA's chin when he isn't passing out the night before from cutting weight? It would be too presumptuous of me to try to answer that question, which is why I'd like to see that fight between him and Woodley.

RDA would need to slow his pace early and wait until Woodley tires out a bit because RDA has a questionable chin.

I like his chances, but I wouldn't make him anywhere near a prohibitive favourite.

his wrestling isn't.

but like i said we need to see more from both usman and till.
I think his wrestling is way overrated, he seems to be touted as a NCAA D1 champ when people describe his wrestling. Not that it is explicitly claimed.

His pressure, leg kicks and TDD definitely give him a better chance than a lot of guys. I'd probably favor him slightly but if Woodley focused on nothing but TD's and point-fighting he's good enough to do it.

And Woodley's power is getting really overrated lately. People talk about him like noone's ever taken a clean shot from him.

I think his wrestling is way overrated, he seems to be touted as a NCAA D1 champ when people describe his wrestling. Not that it is explicitly claimed.
well he was NCAA D2.

i think usman is easily one of the best, if not the best wrestler at 170. maybe right under woodley, hell he might even be better, which is why i said we still need to see more from him.

I don't see it. RDA fights best when he can mix takedowns in and GnP. His losses are to wrestlers he can't takedown... Tyron is a big strong wrestler who will probably be able to take TDs away from RDA.

My money would be on Woodley but it's a fight and if RDA can avoid Tyrons bombs and tired him out he could make something happen late in a 5 round fight.

Back