Ufc fighters = employes or independent contractors?

gunsblazingmode

Belt with 50 shades of grey
@Orange
Reaction score
Leslie Smith needs to get 150 signs from ufc fighters in order to get a hearing in some government org in order to decide whether ufc fighters are employes or independent contractors.

Few months ago i created topic about asking whether ufc fighters are under labor law or not and shercunts laughed at me.

i said that because ufc fighters get paid as low as emploeyes but dont get any healthcare and stuff like they are independent contactors. And they laughed even more when i said im a lawyer.
So now you can suck my dodson.

Leslie Smith needs to get 150 signs from ufc fighters in order to get a hearing in some government org in order to decide whether ufc fighters are employes or independent contractors.

Few months ago i created topic about asking whether ufc fighters are under labor law or not and shercunts laughed at me.

i said that because ufc fighters get paid as low as emploeyes but dont get any healthcare and stuff like they are independent contactors. And they laughed even more when i said im a lawyer.
So now you can suck my dodson.

You certainly come off very professional and sound like a lawyer.

Apparently they are independent contractors:

cropped2085766581.jpg

They are definitely not employees, the question is are they independent contractors or Corp to Corp? Meaning do they work for a different employer (ex. their own company, agents company, gyms company)

If the UFC is saying they are ICs then they're going to have a tough legal battle ahead of them, if they are working for another company providing services to the UFC, then the UFC has their ass covered better from a legal standpoint but loses negotiating power.

My guess is that they're almost all ICs knowing UFCs greed and short sidedness.

They are independent contractors who have signed terrible contracts in most cases.

They are definitely not employees, the question is are they independent contractors or Corp to Corp? Meaning do they work for a different employer (ex. their own company, agents company, gyms company)

If the UFC is saying they are ICs then they're going to have a tough legal battle ahead of them, if they are working for another company providing services to the UFC, then the UFC has their ass covered better from a legal standpoint but loses negotiating power.

My guess is that they're almost all ICs knowing UFCs greed and short sidedness.

I understand here (Canada, so not sure if its similar in the US) but having only 1 employer affects the whole situation.

The main point is the EXCLUSIVITY CLAUSE in the contracts concerning working elsewhere in the profession. That is one of the biggest items on the basic list used to determine these things (employee vs. IC arguments).

that gov't org already ruled FedEx drivers are independent contractors.
and FedEx dictates their uniform, when they work, where they work, that they can't work for anyone else, and the dress code and hours apply to 260 days a year!

no way a fighter who works for an organization 3 nights a year and has a dress code 3 weeks a year is an employee

Whose gonna risk the wrath of the UFC for a no name WMMA fighter.......{<jordan}

If strippers can do it - and that was one group who Leslie mentioned had gone through the process - then surely mma fighters would have the balls to stand up for themselves ....... there again maybe not.

No, they are not employees, and do they really want to be employees?

You must move to one of three bases, Las Vegas, Montreal or Rio
You must Attend UFC headquarters five days a week (in uniform) from 8am to 5pm as well as alternate saturdays
Each day you train at the UFC gym, as well as having various lessons in media, finance etc
You get 3 weeks holiday a year
you cannot work as a coach, trainer, corner or in any other capacity at any other organisations events
You are not allowed any outside non-approved sponsors
ANy media appearances, podcasts, interviews etc must be approved in advance by the UFC

They really want to be employees?

They are employees in almost every sense of the word.

No, they arent.. they are employees in virtually no sense of the word

they are sports people who like thousands of other sports people ,tennis players, golfers, etc compete in a sports league that has contracts..

You certainly come off very professional and sound like a lawyer.
From non english speaking country with english being 3rd language. Practicing only a few years, its normal
Thing is,while shercunts thing this topic is cannot be discussed - the government will discuss it, which means shercunts are dumber than mma fighters

From non english speaking country with english being 3rd language. Practicing only a few years, its normal
Thing is,while shercunts thing this topic is cannot be discussed - the government will discuss it, which means shercunts are dumber than mma fighters

Oh, so learning tact, proper grammar and how not to be an asshole online comes after a few years experience?

Back