UFC is growing bigger and bettter and that's a good thing

L

Lissove

As the sport grows and more athletes make it into the ufc, there is a necessary increase of fight cards to make all of them fight and have their own potential in the future. It is still people's choice to buy cards or not, and the nature of ufc is that some fighters do pull out. So people are fighting under the branch of ufc now and getting paid better than small organization with the ability to fight for the big money, there sholdn't be any complaints when some of the cards look awful. We still get on average the same amount of stacked cards per year with some freak show fights here and there.

I believe that it is some sort of hypocritical call of UFC death by the same people who want more Conor and WWE type stuff. It's pretty evident by the way they flagrantly say that they are casuals who don't follow the sport and don't know the athletes fighting. This year all the "shitty" fight cards delivered great high level fights.

I suport the UFC because I am not a filthy casual.

LONG LIVE JUST BLEED

Cards are shit because fighters are ducking each other and fight only once a year or not even that. Look at how many fighters on the roster are perfectly healthy but don't have a fight coming up because they're DUCKING and waiting for the right opponent at the right time for the right money.

That's precisely because there is money in the sport and these "athletes" got greedy, cherry pick fights, take the least ammount of risk and true warriors get ducked.

MMA was better when there was no money in it and fighters fought for honor and we had fighters fighting 4 times a year or more in PRIDE.

In fact, I'm not even a fan of MMA and the unified rules, I'm a fan of NHB.

Modern UFC is garbage and has zero to do with real fighting.

Bigger roster and more cards + declining number of viewers = watered down product

Spin it any way you want but that is the reality of what is happening.

Dana White isn't. But the UFC is holding up MMA. If the UFC fails, MMA fails. Nobody is watching Betator.
For the first time in two years I am watching Bellator again, this heavyweight tourney is so reminiscent of pride for me not to watch.

Dana White isn't. But the UFC is holding up MMA. If the UFC fails, MMA fails. Nobody is watching Betator.

No it doesn't. It would give the chance for NHB to purify itself and start fresh again.

As a European, I'm more interested in European promotions and events anyway.

For the first time in two years I am watching Bellator again, this heavyweight tourney is so reminiscent of pride for me not to watch.
The majority of us aren't watching Betator and this is reflected in their ratings. "The UFC is dying" and still doing much better than Betator, that should give you an indication of where Betator stands.

No it doesn't. It would give the chance for NHB to purify itself and start fresh again.

As a European, I'm more interested in European promotions and events anyway.
That is fine. However, the big money is in the USA. Especially in MMA. Without the UFC, MMA will take a few steps back in popularity.

I don't think that we get the same amount of stacked cards on average.

Maybe the problem is that young fighters are not getting to the top. Looks like tha UFC is stalled with the same top 5 guys for years.

But the top 5 are all now invested in "money" fights, so shit isn't moving along.

That is fine. However, the big money is in the USA. Especially in MMA. Without the UFC, MMA will take a few steps back in popularity.

Money is not a good thing for MMA. MMA is a sport that literally needs zero money. You only need two people willing to fight each other. The more money there is the less people are willing to fight each other.

MMA was the best in the old school NHB days when fighters fought for honor.

Bigger - Yes, with the increased number of events.

Better - No, the quality of the cards are getting worse year by year.

The only thing I don't like about how big the sport has gotten is good many different there are to follow. People bitch about " not stacked cards" they are stacked with talent, but so many new faces over a short time they all cant get star power over night. Now people are much quicker to shit on a guy for having a bad performance as well

252vuv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back