Jon Jones back powerlifting

KevinLee

✮ ✮ RICH KING LIVING IN JEI'S HEAD✮ ✮
@Brown
Reaction score
Looks like the GOAT is coming back.

He can train all he wants, but he's going to be on the shelf for a few years.

You can deadlift 500lbs+?

Because majority of people in the world can't.

Yep I can and only weigh 175 lbs lol... not trying to brag but a guy his size that is so into lifting should be doing way more. Just my opinion though. Especially since he is a juice head lol.(still controversial but most of us know what is up.)

That’s actually not even that impressive of an lift.

He's doing around 500lbs so 2x his bodyweight. Pretty great ratio.

Im currently x2.3 my BW, but I dont do the amount of training he does outside of lifting which fatigues the body and doesnt allow him to put on more muscle compared to if he only lifted. He does seem like he could get x3 his BW cause he has amazing leverages and juice power.

Hasn’t even officially gotten away with it yet and is already back on the sauce.

That’s actually not even that impressive of an lift.
p6vj3.jpg
MMA MASTER - Im not impressed with Jon Jones lifting 500 pounds.

p6vj3.jpg
MMA MASTER - Im not impressed with Jon Jones lifting 500 pounds.
He's actually right though. If you follow strength training and power lifting you would know that a guy that weighs 240 pounds like Jon should be deadlifting alot more than 500LBS. 600 atleast.

Yep I can and only weigh 175 lbs lol... not trying to brag but a guy his size that is so into lifting should be doing way more. Just my opinion though. Especially since he is a juice head lol.(still controversial but most of us know what is up.)
That looks like about 545lbs and that's alot of weight for someone to deadlift especially with his frame.

He's actually right though. If you follow strength training and power lifting you would know that a guy that weighs 240 pounds like Jon should be deadlifting alot more than 500LBS. 600 atleast.
By who's standards, yours?

I use to hate people who say dumb shit like that. "Uhhh if you weigh x amount of pounds you should be able to do x amount or double your weight". No, you do what's best for you. Warren Sapp could only bench 225lbs 16 times at his combine yet he has demolished several players who have done twice or more reps and he's now a NFL HOFer. People get too caught up in weights when we've seen time and time again that weight lifting ability isn't a determining factor in a lot of sports.

Jones is not a powerlifter though. He's an MMA fighter. Just because he does powerlifting does not mean he's a legit powerlifter - it's just to gain strength.

515 is legit impressive for an athlete, whether it's an MMA fighter or a basketball player.

By who's standards, yours?

I use to hate people who say dumb shit like that. "Uhhh if you weigh x amount of pounds you should be able to do x amount or double your weight". No, you do what's best for you. Warren Sapp could only bench 225lbs 16 times at his combine yet he has demolished several players who have done twice or more reps and he's now a NFL HOFer. People get too caught up in weights when we've seen time and time again that weight lifting ability isn't a determining factor in a lot of sports.

Thank you.

These dudes take the numbers way too seriously.

Back