Platinum Perry is the future "Donald Cerrone"

Rdude92

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I see him winning his average fights but losing those important matches that will come like Cerone would, and remain a rock of a gatekeeper in the WW division. And he will be a main event draw like Cerrone is today because of his fight style.
Dude trains with Jacare though and loves travelling to other places to train so maybe he could get a title fight and break this persona that I have of him

Cerrone is pretty talented and well rounded, despite being the old dog.

I don’t see perry winning 7 straight

What an insult to a legend in Cerrone,
mickey-mouse-fuck-you.png

<DisgustingHHH>

Only time will tell.

Right now, Cowboy is much more well-rounded and experienced.

If Perry can up his game and skill-set, he may well be at that level down the road.

I don't see Platinum going 12-1 across two divisions unless he polishes his skills more.

I've compared him to Mark Hunt before and said I think he'll probably be the Mark Hunt of the WW division - KO artist that's fun to watch but will always fall short of becoming the champion.

<36>

Come on, Cerrone is a top level fighter. Perry couldn't even make it on the UFC video game roster.

I've compared him to Mark Hunt before and said I think he'll probably be the Mark Hunt of the WW division - KO artist that's fun to watch but will always fall short of becoming the champion.

Nah, it'll be like Bisping if he's lucky.

He'll always fall short of being #1 contender, the last gate.

gatekeeper like Cerrone
Cerrone isnt a gatekeeper, maybe for 170 (not his division) he is but at 55, he is elite. You dont fight for the UFC title twice if you arent, after running through the division. Lear what gatekeeping means.

Cerrone has great kicks and high level jiu-jitsu, perry has ko power but I just don't see him having even half the success Cerrone has. He'll be in Bellator within the next 2 years, just wait.

This is one of those unique threads that I can't really tell whether its a troll job or just genuine stupidity.

Cerrone isnt a gatekeeper, maybe for 170 (not his division) he is but at 55, he is elite. You dont fight for the UFC title twice if you arent, after running through the division. Lear what gatekeeping means.
He is a gatekeeper. He never won the title. Whoever wins against him deserves a place at the very least in the top 5-7 of the division.

Back