How much better would UFC 222 be if

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Matchmakers had switched the Beast/Tybura & Cowboy/Yancy fights with the Cat/Viera & O'Malley/Soukhoumthath fights? I mean the Austin card only drew 893k anyways. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...deiros-leads-to-893000-viewers-for-ufc-austin

UFC Austin:

Vick vs Trinaldo
Cat vs Viera
O'Malley vs Soukhoumthat
Alves vs Millender
Davis vs Peterson
Sage vs Gouti

UFC 222:

Cyborg vs Kunistkaya
Edgar vs Ortega
Beast vs Tybura
Cerrone vs Yancy
Arlovski vs Struve

Thats only a small 2 fight trade and it makes a world of difference on paper in terms of how I wpuld view 222. I just think they could do a better job of making the big cards feel BIG. There's always been something special about anticipating a big UFC ppv. And with tv ratings on the decline anyways I'd like to see the UFC use their best fights on ppv if they are going to keep doing ppv. Big FOX is 1 thing but who cares how weak an FS1 card is or not. Nobody watches those cards they get similar ratings as Bellator. If all FS1 cards were treated like fightpass cards every ppv would be good-great-spectacular.

Crying about the better fights being free to watch.

Came in expecting the first sentence would read

“it had a legit co-main already to take place of Edgar-Holloway so it wasn’t headlined by WMMA”

Left disappointed.

Don't be poor and buy the ppv. Or be poor and stream it. Either way watch the fights and appreciate any decent matchmaking wme puts together. It's few and far between

Matchmakers had switched the Beast/Tybura & Cowboy/Yancy fights with the Cat/Viera & O'Malley/Soukhoumthath fights? I mean the Austin card only drew 893k anyways. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...deiros-leads-to-893000-viewers-for-ufc-austin

UFC Austin:

Vick vs Trinaldo
Cat vs Viera
O'Malley vs Soukhoumthat
Alves vs Millender
Davis vs Peterson
Sage vs Gouti

UFC 222:

Cyborg vs Kunistkaya
Edgar vs Ortega
Beast vs Tybura
Cerrone vs Yancy
Arlovski vs Struve

Thats only a small 2 fight trade and it makes a world of difference on paper in terms of how I wpuld view 222. I just think they could do a better job of making the big cards feel BIG. There's always been something special about anticipating a big UFC ppv. And with tv ratings on the decline anyways I'd like to see the UFC use their best fights on ppv if they are going to keep doing ppv. Big FOX is 1 thing but who cares how weak an FS1 card is or not. Nobody watches those cards they get similar ratings as Bellator. If all FS1 cards were treated like fightpass cards every ppv would be good-great-spectacular.

come on than there be many posts how weak is ufc that james vick is a main event.

ufc needed cowboy to sell tickets.

Crying about the better fights being free to watch.
They aren't free. You have to buy a $70-$100 dollar monthly dish/cable bill to get FS1 cards in America. How is that free? Let me guess you don't pay your own bills & live with mommy? Typical Sherdogger.

Came in expecting the first sentence would read

“it had a legit co-main already to take place of Edgar-Holloway so it wasn’t headlined by WMMA”

Left disappointed.

nothing wrong with cyborg being main event vs another can/nobody.

Don't be poor and buy the ppv. Or be poor and stream it. Either way watch the fights and appreciate any decent matchmaking wme puts together. It's few and far between
I do but ppvs and it costs a lot. $70 with tax. Plus a $75 dish bill = $145 per month. Oh wait, don't forget about fight pass. $155 a month to be a ufc fan? "SO YOU WANNA BE A FIGHT FAN?" & "DO YOU WANNA BE A FUCKING FIGHT FAN?" are thoughts that come to mind.

come on than there be many posts how weak is ufc that james vick is a main event.

ufc needed cowboy to sell tickets.
Sage had the highest ratings he was selling the place. And if they marketed Vick as the 9-1 fighter that he is, having just beaten Duffy(who beat Conor) he could've been a bigger draw.

I do but ppvs and it costs a lot. $70 with tax. Plus a $75 dish bill = $145 per month. Oh wait, don't forget about fight pass. $155 a month to be a ufc fan? "SO YOU WANNA BE A FIGHT FAN?" & "DO YOU WANNA BE A FUCKING FIGHT FAN?" are thoughts that come to mind.
In Australia they've started putting all Fox/Fox Sports cards on Fight Pass so get everything except PPVs for $10 a month and PPVs are on at the pub 20mins from me on Sun arvos with no cover charge.

UFC Austin:

Vick vs Trinaldo
Cat vs Viera
O'Malley vs Soukhoumthat
Alves vs Millender
Davis vs Peterson
Sage vs Gouti

UFC 222:

Cyborg vs Kunistkaya
Edgar vs Ortega
Beast vs Tybura
Cerrone vs Yancy
Arlovski vs Struve

You should check your facts about the ratings and about the PPV, <{poor?}>

Back