How About Sage Northcutt vs. Abel Trujillo?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sage has a long way to go, that much we do know. He's won a few fights at LW, they can't feed him newcomers every single time out anymore but he's not going to get "good" fighters either. There are still quite a few fun fights he can have in the UFC while we see if Team Alpha Male can draw out the potential.

I think Northcutt vs. Trujillo would be a fun fight. Trujillo doesn't offer much other than a big right hand and half decent wrestling but he's a dangerous fight and makes perfect sense for Sage Northcutt next. I like the fight alot. Would give us a good gauge on Sage's growth. What do you guys think?

You just want to see Sage get KO’d stiff. That’s cruel man.

Has Sage improved at all? Kid just isn't that good unfortunately.

Pre USADA Trujillo would maul Sage, not sure about Vegetarian Trujillo

Trujillo would fucking destroy him and knock him out cold. Sage needs to be fighting very low ranked opponents like Polo Reyes or Ross Pearson, and I don't even like his chances against them.

Has Sage improved at all? Kid just isn't that good unfortunately.
Yeah I like that they have been building him up slowly but he just hasn't gotten better yet.

Why the rush? the kid just 19 man, let him develop before feeding him to this veterans

Trujillo has faced infinitely better competition than Sage but i'm all for it if they really want to test him. I don't think it would end well for Sage though.

Trujillo would fucking destroy him and knock him out cold. Sage needs to be fighting very low ranked opponents like Polo Reyes or Ross Pearson, and I don't even like his chances against them.
You would give him Polo Reyes or Ross Pearson but not Abel Trujillo? Pearson is shot but still has crazy experience on Sage and would probably out point him. Polo Reyes has power just like Trujillo and has easily had a better UFC career than Trujillo has. I don't understand your logic.

You would give him Polo Reyes or Ross Pearson but not Abel Trujillo? Pearson is shot but still has crazy experience on Sage and would probably out point him. Polo Reyes has power just like Trujillo and has easily had a better UFC career than Trujillo has. I don't understand your logic.
I just feel like Trujillo would legit chin check Sage. He hits very hard.

Sage is too hittable for Trujillo, but sure, why not. On Fightmatrix, Sage is ranked 104 and Trujillo is 120. Make it happen. I expect Sage to get tagged and shoot for a takedown pretty early on.

Back