Do title changes make you more inclined to buy PPVs?

acannxr

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
As opposed to a long reigning champion in which the outcome is less of a mystery?

why not both? Theres 12 champions

The only title change that might make me buy ppv for the 1st time

tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif

I know you're asking individual sherdoggers... but as a general rule, long reigning champions sell many more PPVs.

I dont really get the question.

Are you asking whether me thinking the champ has a greater chance of losing makes me wanna see the fight more?

The only 2 PPV I have ever bought were 116 and 200. War Carwin, War Lesnar!!

Na, I get every single one, though I'm likely going to skip a few as I've started a "No Buy List"

I know you're asking individual sherdoggers... but as a general rule, long reigning champions sell many more PPVs.
This. People.buy them to see if they will win again or if they will finally lose. If the win then more people will buy the next one for the IF factor. If a title changed hands the next fight to me is less appealing than someone whiz defended 2 or more times.

I honestly don't care if a ppv has a title fight. I mean I feel like I could build a great ppv without a title fight.

I dont really get the question.

Are you asking whether me thinking the champ has a greater chance of losing makes me wanna see the fight more?
Are you more inclined to buy a PPV headlined by a very long-reigning champion or a PPV headlined by a champion in a division where the title changes hands frequently.

I guess I'm curious to know if a long-reigning champion can make the outcome so predictable that it turns people off from purchasing the PPV. Of course as @BigTruck pointed out, there's also the factor of wanting to witness a long-reigning champion finally lose that can help with buyrates. Conversely, does a title changing hands every title defense turn people off due to no champion being able to establish him/herself?

I care more about the match ups and the runs the fighters are on.

Khabib vs Tony is super exciting because they've been destroying everyone, now one of them has to lose.

Then you have fights like Cormier vs Gus coming off a loss or Mighty Mouse fighting a random dude on a 2-3 fight win streak that hasn't beaten Benavides or Cejudo. That's not much to get excited about.

titles change hands so fast in mma and the ufc in particular doesn't always adhere to a ranking based system so belts seem like more of a novelty.

I like who I like regardless of titles, hype, UFC PR input, whatever. I'm not more inclined to buy a PPV because a fighter I like if a champ or not

As opposed to a long reigning champion in which the outcome is less of a mystery?
I feel long reigning champions creates future upset possibilities and we all love a good upset over a hot potato WWE title change deal.

To answer the thread question. No I dont buy any PPV's they are all freee via theft

The only title change that might make me buy ppv for the 1st time

tumblr_m77fomE0161qaa8d1o2_r1_500.gif
Thats when Tyron fought someone who could strike and wrestle. Since then hes fought all one dimensional fighters. Fights are much easier when you only have to worry about 1 threat (one art) as opposed to multiple threats...(wrestler, BJJ black belt and KO artist)

I stream every fight in HD regardless if it has a title fight or not lol. Wont give a scumbag like Dana a penny.

The thing is, when a long reigning title holder is fighting, I always want to watch just in case that's the fight where their reign comes to an end.

I watched every Anderson Silva fight because I didn't want to miss it when he finally got knocked out. The Weidman fight was so worth it.

Back