This video interview might be proof that UFC is bigger than Boxing in the USA?

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy from popular US sports show called Barstool attended the PBC boxing media presser with all the champions and had no clue about any of them,

"">

Bet he couldn't name one current UFC champ other than McGregor......who should be stripped anyway

That was insulting to the fighters and promoters and it wasn't even funny.

Danny Garcia just made $1.25 million to knockout Rios on showtime. and he’s not even the champ. Boxing is still winning.

That moron should lose his fucking job. If I had to talk to the people who ensure I even have work and knew fuck all about them you can guarantee I'm being fired.

Wow that guy is a fucking idiot.Glad Wilder and Thurman completely brushed him off.

Danny Garcia just made $1.25 million to knockout Rios on showtime. and he’s not even the champ. Boxing is still winning.

Boxing has like 3-4 fights per card.

MMA has 10+ fights per card.

If boxing had 10 fights per card, a non champ would not make $1.25 mil

Wow who the fuck finds that shit funny? A semi-retarded guy making fun of pro athletes who are much more successful than his annoying and pathetic persona?

o_O You could have at least taken the 5 seconds to see how many fights were on the Danny Garcia vs. Rios card.

http://boxrec.com/en/event/762237

With the bigger events they have mostly 7-9 fights.

Whats relevant is the split of income between fighters & promoters and thats were boxing is far far superior. UFC built their business model by having a monopoly and taking up to 90% of revenue. Kind of the Don King enhanced mode. Nowadays its a little less but thats the reason boxers earn much more even with similar or less revenue. Not the number of fights on a card.

Some of yall have no sense of humor, I laughed a bit. Thanks TS for the video, Wilder getting triggered was a highlight.

tenor.gif

All this proves is you have a shitty taste in videos

Last edited:
o_O You could have at least taken the 5 seconds to see how many fights were on the Danny Garcia vs. Rios card.

http://boxrec.com/en/event/762237

With the bigger events they have mostly 7-9 fights.

Whats relevant is the split of income between fighters & promoters and thats were boxing is far far superior. UFC built their business model by having a monopoly and taking up to 90% of revenue. Kind of the Don King enhanced mode. Nowadays its a little less but thats the reason boxers earn much more even with similar or less revenue. Not the number of fights on a card.

UFC 213 for example did a $2.6mil total payout with Overeem and Werdum as the headliner. I'd imagine this event did a similar number. So I really don't get what your argument is.

Top fighters in boxing get paid more, yes, I'm not arguing that. But the mid to low fighters get paid just about the same. It's not like 5-0 boxers are getting 300k per fight. Ugas was 20-3 and got 40k, Ray Robinson was 24-2 and got 30k.

Boxing does have 10 fights per card, they have the prelims that they dont televise, and the main card which is usually 3 undercard bouts and the main event.

The difference is wehn people watch boxing they dont show up until the middle of the co main event, boxing is weird like that especially in Vegas the audience is near empty until the co main event is nearly over, they are putting money down on the fights, Boxing attracts high rollers who love to gamble, where UFC fans are more modest and middle class they are not high rollers

you can see it at big fights at big boxing matches they are wearing fancy clothes and dressing up, at most UFC events its mostly T shirt and jeans

Back