Has Jake Ellenberger been cut?

MichaelCole1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I can't find any recent news on whats going on with him. I know hes been on a downward skid but I'd love to see him string together a few wins.

I'll admit it. I thought Ellenberger was going to be something special.

I'd rather see him retire tbh. Hes looked terrible for a long time now even though we got a glimpse of his old self when he knocked out Matt.

I'd assume he's heading that way sadly. Quite a few of his recent fights have ended badly for him.

Prefer to see him retire before he puts the e in cte.

I’ll be forever grateful for his creation of the FrothCheck latte press
B--9nNbVIAIZl-u.0.0.jpg

The guy has been fighting nonstop killers. Throw him a bone and give him Burkman.

I wish he would, he's got kids and a wife now
He's gunna seriously get hurt these days

Platinum Ko was a life changer

Him vs Alves in a loser leaves town match

Even though I keep forgetting he folded Matt Brown less than 2 years ago, Jake needs to try to reinvent himself in Bellator. His chin has been put through the meat grinder the last 4 years.

im still salty that he beat my boy matt brown but lost to everyone else.

From KTFO Jake Shields to getting KTFO by Mike Perry

Dude had all the potential in the world, used to have a good chin too.

Always felt to me like he struggled mentally at times.

When he was confident and aggressive he was a fucking terror.

I'll admit it. I thought Ellenberger was going to be something special.

Me too. I guess he's never been quite the same after the loss to Kampmann.

I've still always found him fun to watch and the amount of wars he's been through is really admirable and he's fought a lot of tough guys. I can't justify not cutting him though. He even got finished by a fence. Poor guy. Terrible luck sometimes like that masvidal fight and the horrible shit he's been through with his brother's health problems and one time prognosis of death. Since he's entered the ufc pretty much all of his losses have been to champions or top ranked fighters. Mike Perry's knockout of Jake is one of the more vicious i've ever seen as well.

For his own sake I hope he retires, his chin is done and he's been looking tentative in most of his fights recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back