The Bisping Vs GSP Win

Sansnom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
4 years out of the octogon. 4 YEARS!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I see a lot of GSP haters on here descrediting this win. "Cherry picking", "Bisping was easy", the list goes on...

Name me one fighter who has come back after such a significant amount of time with a win?

Hell, name me one fighter who has come back after nearly that amount of time and finished a legit opponent in another weight class?

The answer is nobody.

Obviously Bisping wasn't the hardest guy to beat at middleweight. Everybody in their right mind knows that. It's no secret. And GSP also knew that when he chose that fight.

With that being said, 4 YEARS out of the game? That's a HUGE factor a lot of people seem to be ignoring.

People like to pretend that Bisping was a joke. But If I recall correctly, half of the people on here were saying that

Bisping would beat GSP or that GSP was gone for too long and was going to get caught and knocked the fuck out. Even the betting odds were pretty much 50/50.

Now most of these guys are turning their tongues and acting like this was a walk in the park and no big deal.

Bisping has always been a top 10 guy in the UFC middleweight division. Anyone who disagrees with that needs a reality check and needs to rewatch his fights.

As much as some people like to pretend this was an easy feat, it wasn't.

Let's stop pretending like Bisping isn't a great fighter.

That's all cool, but he's french.

Was a solid win by GSP

Who did Silva move up and beat? Forrest past his prime and two KOTC level fighters? Bisping is better than all those guys

Who did Aldo move up and beat? nobody

Who did Jones move up and beat? nobody

Conor moved up but lets be real, Eddie got 2 gift split decisions to earn a title shot and then beat an RDA who almost killed himself making weight.

BJ and Hendo have the most impressive move up wins by far...GSP is right behind them

Last edited:
I approve of this post. Bisping was no doubt a weak champ and him being champ was the only reason GSP chose to come back at MW. But that doesn’t change the fact that GSP came off a four year layoff at a weight class 15lbs above his career weightclass, and he was able to secure a finish. Impressive as hell. Fight was exciting as hell overall also. Wish he would’ve kept his word and unified with Whittaker though.

4 years out of the octogon. 4 YEARS!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I see a lot of GSP haters on here descrediting this win. "Cherry picking", "Bisping was easy", the list goes on...

Name me one fighter who has come back after such a significant amount of time with a win?

Hell, name me one fighter who has come back after nearly that amount of time and finished a legit opponent in another weight class?

The answer is nobody.

Obviously Bisping wasn't the hardest guy to beat at middleweight. Everybody in their right mind knows that. It's no secret. And GSP also knew that when he chose that fight.

With that being said, 4 YEARS out of the game? That's a HUGE factor a lot of people seem to be ignoring.

People like to pretend that Bisping was a joke. But If I recall correctly, half of the people on here were saying that

Bisping would beat GSP or that GSP was gone for too long and was going to get caught and knocked the fuck out. Even the betting odds were pretty much 50/50.

Now most of these guys are turning their tongues and acting like this was a walk in the park and no big deal.

Bisping has always been a top 10 guy in the UFC middleweight division. Anyone who disagrees with that needs a reality check and needs to rewatch his fights.

As much as some people like to pretend this was an easy feat, it wasn't.

5 years without being able to finish a fighter in any weightclass

Over a decade without being able to finish a fighter in his own weightclass

Jab, jab, takedown, lay and pray. Wash rinse repeat, for over 10 YEARS....

Last edited:
Anderson, Aldo, Fedor, Jones, DJ > GSP

Jones, and Silva got caught cheating multiple times. Fedor was never that good, just old school, and nostalgic. Aldo got KO'd in 14 second by McGregor, and stopped twice by Max. DJ doesn't have even close to the same level of competition that GSP had.

GSP is the fucking GOAT, get over it.

6d144cdf243ff3e4b5f6403803301cae.png

Bisping is a average fighter, not top 5 in his own division, never was. GSP hand picked the weak guy to come back, something that a true greatest would never do. GSP run of Whittaker and run of prime Spider. He's a canadian duck, nothing more.

6d144cdf243ff3e4b5f6403803301cae.png

Bisping is a average fighter, not top 5 in his own division, never was. GSP hand picked the weak guy to come back, something that a true greatest would never do. GSP run of Whittaker and run of prime Spider. He's a canadian duck, nothing more.
Urine idiot

Anderson, Aldo, Fedor, Jones, DJ > GSP

5 years without being able to finish a fighter in any weightclass

Over a decade without being able to finish a fighter in his own weightclass

Jab, jab, takedown, lay and pray.

Wash rinse repeat, for over 10 years....

Oh look, 2 of the biggest GSP haters posting in a thread talking about GSP. Can't even have a logical discussion anymore.

<36>

Last edited:
Jones, and Silva got caught cheating multiple times. Fedor was never that good, just old school, and nostalgic. Aldo got KO'd in 14 second by McGregor, and stopped twice by Max. DJ doesn't have even close to the same level of competition that GSP had.

GSP tapped to strikes in his prime by a LW journeyman.

GSP’s resume is overrated by his fanboys filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs.

Anyone remember when Anderson moved up in weight and wasn't a heavy favourite, like GSP?

He landed one body kick.

You guys are still telling yourselves DC took it easy on Anderson. lol.

He is a legend and was happy to see him return. and get the win.

GSP’s resume is overrated by his fanboys filled with one dimensional fighters and LWs.
lol who uses the word fanboy. Grow up and get a vocabulary

He avenged both of his losses in very clear cut fashion, was green in both of them.

His resume is more impressive than anybody's in history, other than maybe Jon, or Anderson, but they are both eliminated due to PED use.

If you really think everyone he has fought since BJ Penn is anything other than a killer, and top WW you don't know shit about MMA.

GSP had to cheat to beat a lightweight.

Also, I want whatever horsemeat he's eating....xCTrP0G.png

It wasn't like he was out with an injury for 5 years. While he was out he continued to train. If anything, the 5 years off was rest for his body, that helped GSP. The years GSP dominated consecutively was more impressive than his comeback. Its the grind that is difficult, not the rest.

He avenged both of his losses in very clear cut fashion, was green in both of them.

His resume is more impressive than anybody's in history, other than maybe Jon, or Anderson, but they are both eliminated due to PED use.

If you really think everyone he has fought since BJ Penn is anything other than a killer, and top WW you don't know shit about MMA.
Doesn’t get any more killer than Dan Hardy lol

I’m not even a fan of GSP and always ranked him below Silva in the GOAT discussion back when Jones had not yet reigned supreme. But GSP consistently fought the best at his weight class and came back off a 4 year layoff to win in a weightclass he never competed in prior. I don’t know how you cant respect that. Plus he avenged his two losses a long time ago.

Back