A tribute to one of the OG warriors

truthisfreedom

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In this time of primadonna "fighters" pulling out of every other fight, and ducking competition left and right, a friendly reminder that it didn't always used to be that way.

- Fighting for almost 2 decades.

- Only finished twice, in 37 professional fights

- Fought nothing but killers his whole career

- NEVER backed out of a fight

- Gave 0 f@cks before, gives 0 f@cks now.

Here's to hoping we see this dude in the octagon again.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The man that turned the Natural Born Killer into a point fighter!

He didn’t look too bad in his last 3 fights. Condit ran, George was afraid to stand up with him, and Anderson took drugs

One of my all time faves, but I doubt we see him again.

He's more interested in partying than fighting these days.

I like Nick a lot. He's real AF.
His brother Nate tries too hard. It seems like he's desperately trying to appear cool.

Nick actually is cool.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm also not so sure about his "public speaking anxiety" Sherdoggers like to subscribe to Nick Diaz either.

The dude is a rambler and ranter, when he starts he doesn't stop, and says a lot of stupid things. I think he's actually aware of this, and how people close to him receive it, and is often suppressing his desire to say more shit.

But that's just me.. I think Nate comes off more honest.

In this time of primadonna "fighters" pulling out of every other fight, and ducking competition left and right, a friendly reminder that true hardasses still exist.

- Fighting for almost 2 decades.

- Only finished twice, in 37 professional fights

- Fought nothing but killers his whole career

- NEVER backed out of a fight

- Gave 0 f@cks before, gives 0 f@cks now.

Here's to hoping we see this dude in the octagon again.

giphy.gif

Well said, I hope you enjoyed the memories cause I think he's done.

His brother Nate tries too hard. It seems like he's desperately trying to appear cool.

Nick actually is cool.
Yes, Nate tries to be Nick - Nick actually is Nick.

I think it's kind of endearing though, that Nate admires and emulates his big brother so much.

I doubt we’ll ever see him again. If he came back he shouldn’t face anyone in the top 10, and he wouldn’t ever accept that.

Why is a Nick Diaz thread in the UFC forum?

But yeah, he was hard as nails, and crazy entertaining.

Never an elite fighter, but used his personality and fight style to become one of the most marketable and popular.

Entertaining fighter with the P4P most salty fan base on Sherdog.

One of my all time faves, but I doubt we see him again.
I think we will but he'll be mentally checked out showing up for a paycheck. I'd love to be wrong though.

I admire his loyalty but I feel like being loyal to Cesar Gracie was a huge mistake for his career. A huge mistake the skrap pack made as well. I wish they had a better coach. They were all good but they could of acheived even more.

He's tough as hell though. Joe Riggs may have won the fight but he couldn't beat the goat that is hospital diaz.

Back