Stephens/Emmett - who takes it and how?

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My personal prediction is Josh either by stoppage or a unanimous decision.

Too tough, too fast and too athletic.

I can see him outwrestling Jeremy and making him look lathargic on the feet from there on in.

Jeremy's chance is the usual. The equalizer he has in his hands.

What you guys think?

Stephens looked good in his last couple fights. I think he starting to get foot work and angles. He may just try to pick emmett apart while avoiding counters and takedowns.
I'm going to go with Emmett, I think they are going to game plan into grapple fucking Jeremy to gas him a little then bang with him

Easily FOTN. Quite possibly POTN (KO/TKO).

I think Emmetts wrestling is better than Stephen’s.

As for the stand up...kind of Pick’em I think.

Either way, we all win.

DD6B1FEE-6D64-4E36-9610-1D682FB048D6.jpeg

*Picture from tapology.com

If Emmett wins it will definitely be by using his wrestling. He isn't going to want to bang with Stephens and Stephens has been outwrestled numerous times in his career.

I have Emmett by boring decision but wouldn't be shocked to see Stephens KO him.

Want Emmett to win but Stephens probably by decision.
Emmett got a huge push beating a declining high ranked guy with what might have been a lucky punch.

i was telling people how good emmett was before the lamas fight (alot of you didn't even seem to know who he was), dude looked really fucking good even before the finish.

i don't know if he wins this, but if the emmett that fought lamas shows up again, this'll be a really good fight. emmett's power seems to have carried over really well, in his 145 debut he was dropping arantes stupidly easy and flatlined lamas.

also inb4 people bitch about emmett missing weight for a short notice fight, he makes 145 fine. he was way too small at LW.

Taking Emmett.

The fans take this one via excitement. The only time this one goes to the ground is if someone slips. And yes I respect pure grappling.

Such a great free fight. I think Emmett pulls it out but both guys will have their moments

Emmett by decision, think he’s the better grappler between the two.

If Emmett wins it will definitely be by using his wrestling. He isn't going to want to bang with Stephens and Stephens has been outwrestled numerous times in his career.

I have Emmett by boring decision but wouldn't be shocked to see Stephens KO him.

People are trusting Emmett's gas tank over 5 rounds to implement a wrestling-heavy gameplan? He had about 8 or 9 minutes worth of cardio against Tuck and looked even worse in rd 3 vs Holtzmann. That was before he had to cut to 145.

Not saying it's impossible but I've actually seen Jeremy go 5 hard rounds and have gas left in his tank. Haven't seen anything from Josh to suggest he's capable of that. In fact, I've kinda seen the opposite.

People are trusting Emmett's gas tank over 5 rounds to implement a wrestling-heavy gameplan? He had about 8 or 9 minutes worth of cardio against Tuck and looked even worse in rd 3 vs Holtzmann. That was before he had to cut to 145.

Not saying it's impossible but I've actually seen Jeremy go 5 hard rounds and have gas left in his tank. Haven't seen anything from Josh to suggest he's capable of that. In fact, I've kinda seen the opposite.
good post. late rounds we could see the good, the bad and the ugly.

To those thinking he just showed up in ranks, he fought an entire round with this

CiF_XgVUUAIz3G-.jpg

If he tries to shoot on Jeremy, he eats 2 or 3 knees Bermudez style. Heathen extends KO streak in this one.

Back