Pick one fighter from any weight class to beat Jones.

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
I hate Jon Jones and want him to lose (preferably numerous times) before he calls it quits. So, I thought about this for a couple minutes and thought, if I were UFC matchmaker, who would I put in there that would have the best chance to win?

I admit, I almost thought I was stumped; but then it came to me - it's not a guy who I'm a big fan of necessarily..

Werdum

I'm absolutely convinced he could and should win that fight. I don't think he's at a disadvantage anywhere.

* GOAT level bjj. Nullifies wrestling and even makes it a liability for Jones.
* Excellent long range striking. This is essential and a reason why I'd take him over someone like Mir.
* Has dethroned legends on long winning streaks before.
* Has demonstrated a good acumen for "fight IQ" and gameplanning minus a bad lapse in judgement vs Miocic.
* only weakness appears to be against really powerful elite HW strikers.

So there it is. My pick for fighter most likely to beat Jones. Who's yours?

Only person right now?
Jon Jones

I'm 100% positive that Stipe would merc Juice Jones.

Werdums long range striking is shit.

Heavyweight striking for the most part is shit which is why it looks so good. If Werdum was a tad smaller he would get eaten alive at LHW. He is an extremely overrated fighter imo.

The only human capable of beating Jon Jones is Jon Jones.

Werdums long range striking is shit.

Heavyweight striking for the most part is shit which is why it looks so good. If Werdum was a tad smaller he would get eaten alive at LHW. He is an extremely overrated fighter imo.
its hard to say hes extremely overrated... maybe slightly... wins over fedor and cain are very impressive by themselves

The problem with Werdum is that he's old. I think Jones moving to heavyweight would eventually cause him to lose, but I don't think Werdum would beat him at this point.

I could be wrong. DC was overpowering and tossing heavyweights around when he was fighting at hw. Jones was not overpowered at all against DC, in fact, if anybody got overpowered, it was DC.

I'm no Jones fan, but I really think the guy is just on another level. Everybody says the same thing after they fight Jones...they underestimated how strong he is. If he loses, it'll be because he gets old or gets caught by a big hw with big power and gets tko'd. Skill for skill, nobody can hang with him...and this is coming from someone that, not only is not a fan, but hopes he loses violently every time he fights.

Still think that Rumble would have whooped that ass

Jones gets hit

And with Rumble it only takes one

Anthony+Johnson+Stops+Antonio+Rogerio+Nogueira+UFC+on+Fox+12.gif

vzwvfs.jpg

giphy-downsized-large.gif

1-13.gif

Anthony%2BJohnson%2BKnocks%2BDown%2BAlexander%2BGustafsson%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B14%2BStockholm.gif

Anderson Prime and Pre USADA

vs a non roided Jones

Hey.. Andy is 20lbs lighter so it's fair

Andy kills him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back