Why Is Mayweather vs CM Punk really being entertained to maybe happen? Pride never die freak show on

the last UFC-created spectacle/circus made a lot of $.

why would you label the next one "Pride-like"?

yes it's a ridiculous rumor and i hope it goes away quietly.

Typical grappler vs striker matchup

if there was not such a large size difference i think it would happen just for the money.

but come on floyd is 2-3 weight classes below CM Punk.

Punks got a big size advantage and way more grappling experience

it could be an interesting fight

What actual source is pushing this though?

Wasn't it just some pie in the sky conversation between Rogan and Schaub on JRE?

Mayweather is fucking 40. Hes not going to fight in mma nor would he make it though a training camp without getting injured..

Typical grappler vs striker matchup
lol Typical? Best boxer in the world vs a guy who got destroyed by a kid with little more than highschool wrestling background, and membership to a bjj gym?

This is the easiest fight in mma for Floyd, CM Punk is too awkward to defend himself against a pissed off guy at the grocery store

The best in boxing vs the best in pro wrestling in an mma match

Any time theres a chance to watch CM Punk get his ass kicked, I'll pay for it

A larger scale?

I would watch... NOT pay a 100 bucks,, but watch for sure. I think its actually a "fair" fight. Floyd does have a chance. CM Punk would be able to showcase,hopefully, a boxer vs an mma fighter in a way that can really show what MMA training does . A top boxer vs a very low level crappy mma fighter. My money is on cmPunk IF he has half a brain. I think he does and I think he finish's Floyd. I certainly hope so.

This fight would be weird because no one in MMA would get behind CM Punk, and Mayweather would be the villain. If CM had won in his debut, then this fight would make more sense, because MMA fans would get behind Punk for the whole MMA (grappler) against Boxing.

Pointless fight. Might as well have it in a backyard.

A larger scale?
Answer is simple...
It would sell...and UFC (WME) are in the money making business now, the entertainment business.

And its the only fight Punk can maybe win.

CM Punk vs any MMA fighter nobody cares ....because he has no chance in hell.

He fights Floyd Mayweather whos arguably the GOAT defensive boxer ever gives CM Punk a chance and its also giving Floyd a chance to win as well.

Boxing fans buy it, WWE fans buy it, MMA fans buy it, those people that throw Super Bowl parties when they dont even watch football, the same ones that bought May/Mac because "it was history being made" people wanna be part of shit even if they dont know what they are watching, THEY BUY IT..

ETC... ETC.

Why the fuck not. Make it happen Dana. Punk by flying gogoplata

Back