Josh Emmett says Faber might return, talks headlining fight vs Stephens, responds to Swanson's tweet

Thickfreakness

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

00:14:04 if it doesn't start there when you press play.

He seems like a cool dude. Talks about wanting to get the weight cut done to clear the air with fans and media, responds to Swanson saying he's undeserving of his #4 ranking, talks about ranked fighters not accepting fights with unranked or lower ranked fighters, says Faber might return and he's still in great shape.

I hate when fighters act like they’re too good to fight someone ranked below them and only want guys ranked higher, yet they want the higher ranked guys to take fights with them and do what they won’t do. Take some fights, keep winning, and you’ll keep moving up.

I think so, too. Two very exciting fighters. Really intrigued to see just how good Emmett is. Who's your pick?

I'm buying the Emmett hype train ticket .. I think his cardio is phenomenal , super fast, and huge power !!

not taking away from Stephens.. He is great too !!

who u got ??

I'm buying the Emmett hype train ticket .. I think his cardio is phenomenal , super fast, and huge power !!

not taking away from Stephens.. He is great too !!

who u got ??
I'm slightly leaning Stephens, but I've been wrong with Stephens before. I've picked him in many fights he's lost and against him in the ones he's won. He can be a world-beater and then lackluster. I like Emmett though and you're right his cardio looks great. That KO of Lamas was sick, too.

Not an Emmett hater in the slightest, he does seem like a good guy, but almost nobody, not even most people on a forum for MMA, knew who this guy was before he KO'd Lamas. Countless Conor "who da fook" memes were posted after he replaced Aldo.

All of sudden this guy is a world beater, after one KO. Come on people. A mid tier guy like Scott Holtzman was his most notable win prior to Lamas. Has more decisions than finishes.

I got Stephens this Saturday.

Yup, the catch 22 in MMA right now is ranked guys refusing to fight upcoming unranked guys with solid win streaks despite said fighters being in the same position a couple years prior.

If he makes weight and wins... He becomes impossible to ignore.

I hate when fighters act like they’re too good to fight someone ranked below them and only want guys ranked higher, yet they want the higher ranked guys to take fights with them and do what they won’t do. Take some fights, keep winning, and you’ll keep moving up.
It depends if you are on a big win streak you definitley shouldn't be fighting guys who are ranked lower than you. That's how guy's end up winning 10 in a row before getting a title shot. Ponzinibbio for example has won 6 straight and called out Cerrone for some reason... Unless he thinks that fight will propel him into a #1 contender fight if he wins or something.

He is legit the only TAM guy I think I dont dislike (Mendes isn't the worst either). He seems like hes a humble dude and after watching countdown show, hard not to root for the guy. Same with Jeremy. We know what he brings. He seems to have found his groove right now. Should be a good fight. Real pick em imo.

It depends if you are on a big win streak you definitley shouldn't be fighting guys who are ranked lower than you. That's how guy's end up winning 10 in a row before getting a title shot. Ponzinibbio for example has won 6 straight and called out Cerrone for some reason... Unless he thinks that fight will propel him into a #1 contender fight if he wins or something.
I think there's something to be said for that. Knowing how important a title fight could be financially, I get why fighters don't want the risk.

Also, the thing I remember most about the Lamas fight was thinking he gets popped in his post fight tests. After the ko he started flexing and it looked like he had a baseball sticking out of his back. Dude was legit jacked lol I’ll see if I can find a picture.

Also, the thing I remember most about the Lamas fight was thinking he gets popped in his post fight tests. After the ko he started flexing and it looked like he had a baseball sticking out of his back. Dude was legit jacked lol I’ll see if I can find a picture.
It was actually scary.

Almost every high profile name says they might come back shortly after retiring

I like Emmett a lot... But if he beats Jeremy Stephens I don't believe he should get a title shot. Elkins would be more deserving if Elkins wins his next fight against whoever the UFC feeds him.

If Stephens wins I still think he is one fight away from a title shot

I like Emmett a lot... But if he beats Jeremy Stephens I don't believe he should get a title shot. Elkins would be more deserving if Elkins wins his next fight against whoever the UFC feeds him.

Nobody wants to watch Elkins though, that's his problem

Edgar vs Ortega is the obvious title challenger, but, yeah, I'm not sure. A win over Lamas and Stephens in a row would big.

Back