DONALD CERRONE

• Thread starter Deleted member 474013
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 474013

How is this guy never won the UFC belt is the question of the day

Because he folds in big fights especially when his opponent doesn't try to give him hugs and kisses during exchanges.

I thought he looked like shit against Yancey, I expect to see him get put away as soon as they give him a decent opponent again.

He looked a shadow of the man that was knocking people out left and right

Physically very skilled, but he mentally breaks at the worst times.

Helluva Q
but losing three-in-a-row should be a hint
;)
he lost those 3 fights after turning 34... If he was gonna be champ it would have been a couple years ago. I don't see any reason a pumped up LW losing 3 straight fights after he turned 34 is a good explanation for why he never became champion... and don't mention Tony Ferguson - he's clearly a freak (in more ways than one lol)

Imagine the scenes, if he fights Khabib and KO's him <Lmaoo>

He doesn’t do well under pressure (big fights) or against opponents who like to move forward and apply pressure. He has no head movement and also gets hurt easily by body shots. He’s only dangerous when he controls the pace and opponents stay at a distance. That’s when he gets comfortable and he can fire off his kicks.

Isn't the last guy he just ko'd supposed to be a better fighter?
Supposed to be, but wasn't. That's why they get into the octagon and don't let writers and pundits decide the outcomes. I like Cowboy and on any given night he can beat most others, but he lacks the high level consistency and the ability to go on a major tear through the top ranks.
1518658812577.jpg

he lost those 3 fights after turning 34... If he was gonna be champ it would have been a couple years ago. I don't see any reason a pumped up LW losing 3 straight fights after he turned 34 is a good explanation for why he never became champion... and don't mention Tony Ferguson - he's clearly a freak (in more ways than one lol)

He wrote this after Cerrone's recent fight that he won though
Prior to that he lost 3-in-a-row after getting near title contention due to winning 4-in-a-row
He was ready to get a title shot & a chance at a belt until he lost those 3

Supposed to be, but wasn't. That's why they get into the octagon and don't let writers and pundits decide the outcomes. I like Cowboy and on any given night he can beat most others, but he lacks the high level consistency and the ability to go on a major tear through the top ranks.
View attachment 343513
yet, people make all these mma rankings, and we supose to believe them...

HE"S UNPREDICTABLE FIGHTER

yet, people make all these mma rankings, and we supose to believe them...

HE"S UNPREDICTABLE FIGHTER
Take the rankings however you want. It's MMA, so on any given night either guy could realistically beat the other guy. That's why they actually fight. There are very few examples of guys being unbeatable 100% of the time. On any given day, Cowboy could realistically beat Tyron, RDA, or Rory. It's not likely, but a well placed high kick or punch can put anybody down.

Because any time he gets close to the belt or gets a title shot its a nightmare matchup for him: aggressive strikers with better boxing and output like Nate, RDA, Till, etc

Back