Derek Brunson wants to “exchange” with Michael Bisping

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/2/...witter-callout-middleweight-mma-news#comments

It did not take long before “The Count” got a new possible opponent. On Sunday, middleweight contender Derek Brunsontweeted out a challenge directed at Bisping but did not specify when he wants the fight to take place.

I gotta go to the Fox studio to find @bisping I see. You’re ranked 6, I’m ranked 7. Let’s exchange @AliAbdelaziz00 @Mickmaynard2@ufc @danawhite

— Derek Brunson (@DerekBrunson) February 18, 2018
Brunson (18-6, with 14 wins by stoppage), has so far gone on a decent streak in his last three fights, putting up a record of 2-1. After scoring first-round knockouts against Dan Kelly and Lyoto Machida, respectively in 2017, he lost via TKO against Ronaldo Souza in Charlotte last month in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Bisping (30-9, with 20 wins by stoppage), meanwhile, is coming off two straight stoppage losses, courtesy of Georges St-Pierre at UFC 217 last November 4th, and Kelvin Gastelum in Shanghai, China just three weeks later. It is expected that should Bisping compete again, it would mark the final fight of his career.

I hope Ping declines for his sake.

I got Derek Brunson by TKO or Decision. Tbh Bisping should just retire. He had a hell of a career and had one of the best MW streaks in the peak of his career, he has nothing else to prove now.

Rather see Bisping in a winnable fun fight before he retires. This is neither. He'd get slept a la Gastelum.

Bad retirement fight for Bisping... Would like to see him vs a Legend. But seeing him knocked out is pretty sweet.

Still wish he'd accept the Vitor fight as both of their retirement fights.

Off TRT, I think Bisping tools Belfort.

Derek Runson is the living proof of the evolution of MMA.

GratefulEquatorialAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

Derek Runson is the living proof of the evolution of MMA.

GratefulEquatorialAfricanelephant-size_restricted.gif

It's weird how there are two completely different versions of Brunson. I don't think that version of Brunson would show up against Bisping. I've got Brunson by TKO.

It's weird how there are two completely different versions of Brunson. I don't think that version of Brunson would show up against Bisping. I've got Brunson by TKO.

I dont think any version of Runson is anything but an amateur brawler with KO power in a sport with poor boxing defense everywhere.

Bisping vs Branch is actually not a bad idea

No more Bisping please.

It was over after what GSP did to him.

Read the title as Derek Lewis and was like 'WHAT?!'

Wouldn't mind seeing a last Bisping fight but with another opponent. Someone who is at a similar stage of his career.

Last thing he wants is getting finished 3 times in a row. It would be a shitty way to retire.

That Gastelum fight was a terrible idea and shouldn't even have been allowed.

I dont think any version of Runson is anything but an amateur brawler with KO power in a sport with poor boxing defense everywhere.

His tendency to hold his chin in the air is laughable, but an amateur brawler is exactly the type of fighter to get KO'd by Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida, and that did not happen. His KO of Machida was actually a perfectly planned attack, exploiting a tendency that is present throughout Machida's entire career. Showed how much he studied Machida.

He also nearly beat Yoel Romero and did not brawl whatsoever in that fight.

His tendency to hold his chin in the air is laughable, but an amateur brawler is exactly the type of fighter to get KO'd by Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida, and that did not happen. His KO of Machida was actually a perfectly planned attack, exploiting a tendency that is present throughout Machida's entire career. Showed how much he studied Machida.

He also nearly beat Yoel Romero and did not brawl whatsoever in that fight.

Neither Machida or Silva were on his prime when they fought Runson. If they were, Runson would have probably been KOed. And for the Lyoto KO, the tendency was always there but Derek was going to run and spam punches anyway (he was actually doing it like a brawler). I dont think it was a study, but just the wild style he has. This is all debatable for sure.

Neither Machida or Silva were on his prime when they fought Runson. If they were, Runson would have probably been KOed. And for the Lyoto KO, the tendency was always there but Derek was going to run and spam punches anyway (he was actually doing it like a brawler). I dont think it was a study, but just the wild style he has. This is all debatable for sure.

You didn't watch closely enough. Brunson stayed above his feet in both of those fights rather than overextending. For Machida, he just slowly crept in while standing tall, to draw Machida's wild left straight, just like in the Shogun rematch. Machida threw the punch, just as Brunson knew he would (he got Machida's timing down as Brunson drew that punch multiple times before this just for this reason). Seeing and anticipating the punch, he suddenly lowered his stance, blocked it, and threw that left hand counter. Perfect planning and execution, again very much like the Shogun rematch.

Sometimes instead of wild brawling, he will feint such just to get his opponent to move into his left hand, like Uriah Hall. Sometimes Brunson throws all technique and strategy out the window, like against Whittaker, but other times he is actually calculated (but still with his chin elevated for some damn reason).

Not surprised....Everyone wants an easy win right after a loss...That way they can talk themselves into a title shot.....Eh Hmmmm,....Kelvin!

I like brunsons fights because he’s knockout or be knocked out but he should piss off here. If he’s so interested in the belt how about fighting more guys in their prime instead of calling out a guy off two brutal losses with one foot out of the door already. Take the fight against Paulo Costa or Gastelum both guys who called you out. And don’t act like you’re high and mighty above either of those guys.

Back