Floyd’s Camp on his MMA career, not knowing who CM Punk is & thinking he would lose to Conor

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Inside Floyd’s Camp on his MMA career and not knowing who CM Punk is & more
Full interview at link

Q: What is the perception of those in his camp then. We have seen actual odds come out where CM Punk is a favorite over Floyd in an MMA fight. When people on Floyd’s side see people doubting Floyd’s potential success in MMA, what is the general perception from inside his team? Do the doubters feed the hunger to prove them wrong?

A: We have done a couple videos asking people in the gym if he could beat Conor or if he should try MMA, and most people have said no. However, most of those same people believe that he has a better chance of success than the average fan does. They typically believe that with some training, and more importantly if he can keep whoever he fights at a
distance, his chances of success rise considerably.
As for CM Punk in particular, most of the guys don’t know who he is. It is incredibly how little TV most of the guys watch. The same goes for MMA, so their opinion doesn’t change much.

I found three things particularly interesting.
- That Floyd Sr. truly believes Floyd Jr. will fight MMA
- Most of Team Mayweather never heard of CM Punk
- That Floyd’s team rather he doesn’t do MMA.

Of course most think the chances of Floyd having an MMA fight are slim/none, but most thought the same for a Conor McGregor boxing match as well!

Floyd already mastered boxing..He would KO conor...

Keep in mind what slow,flat footed, pillow fisted, mediocore boxing, rarely use kicks or check kicks, Cabo Diaz did to Conor.

Saying Floyd has no chance, is like saying a Sambo Master like Fedor, or Kickboxer like CroCop, or BJJ god like Rickson Gracie, or Wrestler God like karelin has no chance in MMA.

Keep in mind what slow,flat footed, pillow fisted, mediocore boxing, rarely use kicks or check kicks, Cabo Diaz did to Conor.

Saying Floyd has no chance, is like saying a Sambo Master like Fedor, or Kickboxer like CroCop, or BJJ god like Rickson Gracie, or Wrestler God like karelin has no chance in MMA.
giphy.gif

<DisgustingHHH>

Why would professional athletes/trainers give a shit about a fake athlete?

Why would professional athletes/trainers give a shit about a fake athlete?

Not the point since there are already odds on a Mayweather/Punk fight & the fact that hardly anybody in Mayweathers camp even heard of Punk means there is no reason too be taking bets.

But outside of that, many professional athletes are huge WWE fans - includig Floyd who wrestled for WWE & had HHH walk him out

I call bullshit.

He's not that famous. It's not like they didn't know who Hulk Hogan was ....I personally know UFC fans who never heard of him before when he was on the UFC broadcast with Rogan during the announcement. Thats enough of a litmus test for me to know that guys who don't follow MMA at all problem didn't even know about him at all post UFC announcement.

joe-rogan1.png

I watched wwf from about '87-'00 and then grew out of it and stopped watching. I honestly had never heard of CM Punk before he was scheduled to fight in the UFC. It all sounds very believable to me, not surprising at all.

Good interview/questions though..

He's not that famous. It's not like they didn't know who Hulk Hogan was ....I personally know UFC fans who never heard of him before when he was on the UFC broadcast with Rogan during the announcement. Thats enough of a litmus test for me to know that guys who don't follow MMA at all problem didn't even know about him at all post UFC announcement.

joe-rogan1.png

Plus he only had one fight/publicity in 4 years
The MTV thing he did was barely a blip on the radar

I watched wwf from about '87-'00 and then grew out of it and stopped watching. I honestly had never heard of CM Punk before he was scheduled to fight in the UFC. It all sounds very believable to me, not surprising at all.

Good interview/questions though..

Thank you my man

I also think its interesting that most his team doesn't think he would win vs Conor.
Conor's team never said anything like that with the Boxing match.

Not sure why some are calling BS on Floyd's camp not even knowing who CM Punk is. Honestly, I wouldn't have either if it wasn't for Sherdoggers posting for years about some WWE guy that's supposedly training for a UFC run. It seems to surprise some people that most grown ass men pay little to no attention to professional "wrestling".

I didn't know who Brock Lesnar or CMPUNK were until Sherdog. So it's believable.

They surprisingly have a pretty realistic outlook on an mma fight. He has a better chance than the average fan does. Which means “he would get fucked up”

They surprisingly have a pretty realistic outlook on an mma fight. He has a better chance than the average fan does. Which means “he would get fucked up”

I thought he was refreshingly honest with me
No chance you would get that from Conors side before the boxing match.

I just re-read your post
What he meant was Floyd's team thinks he will do better than the average fan thinks he would, but most realize he would still lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back