Millender was HUGE - the new Rumble

mma_genius

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I can't believe that guy makes 170. I'm sure the skinny legs helps, but damn, he is the new Rumble.

I don't know what is more ridiculous - that Millender makes 170 or that Alves can't make 155.

Look how big Alves used to be:

Alves.jpg

thiago-alves.jpg

Look at him now:

10623155.jpg

For me, I'll always wonder what Alves could have been if he had avoided all those "supplements" and fought at 155 where he should have been a beast.

The USADA factor is also a thing

Didn't he only get suspended for a diuretic before? The man's been in the UFC for almost 13 years and those huge pics are from almost a decade ago. He's gotten quite old in MMA years.

Two words: IV ban.

When fighters get used to cutting a shit ton of weight and then rehydrating with an IV, it gets hard from them to cut much weight without use of an IV...especially as they get older.

And like someone above me said, he's been suspended in the past for diuretics (which I actually never knew) and those help out a ton with cutting weight...that's basically all they are used for in mma.

The USADA factor is also a thing
i'm not saying it definitely was a factor but Alves started to shrink Pre USADA as he was having trouble making weight so Dolce took over and he started getting smaller plus He also started shrinking when he had a run of injury's

I also notice that he was freaking huge...
I remember the time Matt Hughes was about to fight Alves and Matt was so outmatched by the size, the strength and the power of Thiago... Can't believe that guy make 175...

If you guys thought Millender was huge, did you see the fight after his? James Vick is a monster. Vick at 155 looked as big as Millender at 170

Both fights appeared to be size mismatches, even if Trinaldo was more game in his bout than Alves was in his.

Last edited:
I'm on the Mill Train - was a fun scrap.

Remember Alves did try to make an ill fated move to LW. So he likely attempted to shed a lot of bulk for that.

You have to keep in mind that Alves peaked about 10 years ago and hasn’t been consistently active during the past decade. He’s only 34 now but it just goes to show that not everybody is the same. Hell, Joe Stevenson was shot before he was 30 but he’d been in the game for a long time. We don’t know if it’s injuries, changes in how or focus in training. .It can’t always be chalked up to he juiced and now he can’t juice anymore. Alves looked average for several years before USADA and in that time he’s aged 10 years and he tried to move down a class. Fighters are human

Alves was HORRIBLE. Worst he’s ever looked. Retire.

To be honest, he looked scared from the first seconds of that fight, as if he was asking himself, "when did I move up to middleweight?"

To be honest, he looked scared from the first seconds of that fight, as if he was asking himself, "when did I move up to middleweight?"
reminded me of when Charlie brenneman fougt rumble. Like a little mouse waiting to get eaten by the big ass cat. Scared shitless.

If you guys thought Millender was huge, did you see the fight after his? James Vick at 155 looked as big as MIllender at 170 is a monster.

Both fights appeared to be size mismatches, even if Trinaldo was more game in his bout than Alves was in his.
But Vick is Slenderman.

I just think he was completely out matched. PRIME Alves couldn't do anything against that monster.

6 inches less reach and being at least 6 inches against this guy was a recipe for disaster.

That being said, Alves is shot. I don't see him competing with anybody in the top 10 at WW.

Back