Weidman sounds great on the Post Fight Show.

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Is it just me or is he doing really well. I like his breakdowns better than Bisping and Woodley so far. Not quite Cormier level yet though

He gets a lot of hate, but yeah, his fight breakdown / analysis is pretty good.

I think Weidman sounded great, when Kenny was talking.

I couldn’t connect with my Fox Sports Go, ffs.

Maybe I’ll catch it somewhere else.

I had the same thought while he was on
It was more how he was saying it than what he was saying though

Absolutely not! He’s struggling if you ask me. Like he’s unable to put complex sentences together and his breakdowns are not as good as a chael or Woodley.

"Great" is a stretch. And by "stretch" I mean

"Great" is a stretch. And by "stretch" I mean

Anyone else ever been to the ‘Jim Rose Circus’?

And I didn’t see the post fight stuff for some reason. It went to sportsdesk or something.

Weidman needs to start thinking about his future and ways to supplement his income.

He’s not getting any younger and it’s not likely that he will ever win gold again, and if he does, I doubt he keeps it or defends more than once.

He had Kurt Angle neck surgery and has taken all this punishment. I don’t know if he can win a title anymore.

Anyone else ever been to the ‘Jim Rose Circus’?

And I didn’t see the post fight stuff for some reason. It went to sportsdesk or something.

Weidman needs to start thinking about his future and ways to supplement his income.

He’s not getting any younger and it’s not likely that he will ever win gold again, and if he does, I doubt he keeps it or defends more than once.

I saw that Jim Rose freakshow back in the early nineties and I still remember it vividly. Crazy, crazy shit like a guy like a guy lifting a cinderblock with his dingaling, people eating lightbulbs.

Weidmans a really almost unnaturally earnest guy and it either annoys or endears you to him. I think he's too funny to dislike. This is the same man who said this on the mma hour:

"I'll be honest. It was my first time ever that I had to go to the bathroom bad. I could not believe this was going to happen. I'm going to crap myself in the middle of this cage. I didn't know, as soon as Vitor's walkout music came on, was concentrating, all I could think about was that I didn't know if I should run into the bathroom now or hold it. I didn't know what was going to happen. That's really what was going through my mind the whole time walking out. I thought I would be the first person that had to run from a fight to go to the bathroom, or they'd have to hold the fight for me. But, I didn't want to tell anybody because when you say it out loud it makes things worse. So, when we were getting ready to do the walkout, I gave Ray my flag, usually I hold it, but I gave it to him so I could focus on not crapping myself pretty much. So yeah, you were right, there was definitely something not normal."

I like Chris. He seems like a good guy. He's not very good at the desk but I'm never annoyed with him. He's a likable guy. I had to pretend Todd Grisham was a commentator last year. That was far more insulting to my viewing.

Weidmans a really almost unnaturally earnest guy and it either annoys or endears you to him. I think he's too funny to dislike. This is the same man who said this on the mma hour:

"I'll be honest. It was my first time ever that I had to go to the bathroom bad. I could not believe this was going to happen. I'm going to crap myself in the middle of this cage. I didn't know, as soon as Vitor's walkout music came on, was concentrating, all I could think about was that I didn't know if I should run into the bathroom now or hold it. I didn't know what was going to happen. That's really what was going through my mind the whole time walking out. I thought I would be the first person that had to run from a fight to go to the bathroom, or they'd have to hold the fight for me. But, I didn't want to tell anybody because when you say it out loud it makes things worse. So, when we were getting ready to do the walkout, I gave Ray my flag, usually I hold it, but I gave it to him so I could focus on not crapping myself pretty much. So yeah, you were right, there was definitely something not normal."

I like Chris. He seems like a good guy. He's not very good at the desk but I'm never annoyed with him. He's a likable guy. I had to pretend Todd Grisham was a commentator last year. That was far more insulting to my viewing.

Agreed

And yeah, Chris is a good dude. Seems like he'd be a lot of fun to watch fights and have a beer with as well

Might've been a bit "off" tonight but sometimes it takes time to get good behind the desk. Wood has gotten more comfortable, and then there are guys who are just naturals like Bisping and Kenny. DC and Rashad are also good, and DC in particular has charisma and personality that meshes well with other people.. That's part of what makes him enjoyable to watch.

Agreed

And yeah, Chris is a good dude. Seems like he'd be a lot of fun to watch fights and have a beer with as well

Might've been a bit "off" tonight but sometimes it takes time to get good behind the desk. Wood has gotten more comfortable, and then there are guys who are just naturals like Bisping and Kenny. DC and Rashad are also good, and DC in particular has charisma and personality that meshes well with other people.. That's part of what makes him enjoyable to watch.
DC's talking skills are underrated. Not just at the desk or on commentary but in the buildups to his fights. Everybody remembers the Jones build up but he's always been a good promo and mouthpiece for selling his own fights since he joined the UFC whether it was Jones, a barista, Roy Nelson pissing him off or completely emasculating Ryan Bader. Big fan of him on commentary. He's the only one of the fighters i've heard do commentary with the sort of enthusiasm Rogan throws into it.

Skipped it to watch CNN's Patty Hearst special series. Watched Monk marathon instead of pre-fight show and prelims.

He's been on a tear since the Long Island Fight Night.

stillmyboy-jpg.328087

Back