Remember when Big Fox cards use to look like this???

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
220px-UFC_on_Fox_Velasquez_vs._Dos_Santos.jpg

Sonnen-Bisping.jpg

UFC_on_FOX_7_Henderson_vs._Melendez_Poster.jpeg

ufc-on-fox-5-poster.0.jpg

fox-chicago.png

ufc-on-fox-machida-vs-rockhold.jpg

12801668_10153868535791276_1221409783895433693_n.jpg

dos-anjos-cerrone-2.jpg

Yes, I know that not all those fights actually happened, but look at what the UFC actually planed. Listen, I don't like shitting on the product all the time, but c'mon.

LOOK AT THIS SHIT!?

DT6nX9fUQAAr65m.1515524920.jpg

Wtf is Josh Emmett doing on Big Fox? What the fook is dat!? More like Big Foox.

I know the UFC wants to build up new contenders, but you don't do that on a broadcast channel like Fox. You need to pull in the casuals on Big Fox, and put the unknowns on that undercard, not the main event.

This should've honestly been Aldo vs Stephens. Not this. Get your shit together Dana.

Last edited:
Emmett vs Stephens is a decent fight BUT FAAAR from a UFN headliner let alone a FOX.

It’s basically a one hit wonder vs one of the most inconsistent fighters in UFC history...

<36>

Those are mostly terrible examples. Especially the top. An hour of BS, for a 2 minute fight.

UFC on FOX cards have gone to Hell.

UFC on Fox 2 was pretty good and set up two of the bigger fights that year: Evans/Jones, Silva/Sonnen II.

When they put up #1 contender fights it works. Hell, they should just drop 2/3 of the fight pass cards and stack a few of these events.

Yes, cards have gotten way thinner all the way around.

Some day, perhaps sooner than later, the UFC is either going to have to shrink the number of events or increase the talent pool (the latter being unlikely). Cards will just get too boring.

Dude just KO'd Lamas with one shot, but go ahead and complain about the UFC not building stars

It's a great fight but definitely not a fox headliner.

Cm punk vs mike jackson, now that's a headliner

There’s has been some poo FNs even back in that era too.
Nelson vs Story
To Huna vs Marquardt
Brown vs Silva
Saffiedine vs Lim

WME crunched the numbers, it's like the screenplay "The Producers". They discovered that you can make more money from a flop than a hit...

Shit we're lucky to have ppvs as good as some of those cards at times.

They need to stop putting every single title fight on PPV. FFS just put a few title fights on free tv.

WME crunched the numbers, it's like the screenplay "The Producers". They discovered that you can make more money from a flop than a hit...

Not WME, it's Dana. I'm almost a 100% Shelby & Maynard have no idea how to build a card right. And Dana just doesn't care enough to do anything about it. And WME only cares about the Big Events. So Dana gets to do whatever he wants.

They need to stop putting every single title fight on PPV. FFS just put a few title fights on free tv.

Agreed, they used to do that. But most champions demand to be on PPV, because they're "draws". I'm certain putting a title fight, that's not MM on Fox, along with a stacked card will he help ratings.

Back