What Is James Vick’s Ceiling?

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He has really been fighting well lately, and after tonight has a 4 fight win streak. At 30 years old he isn’t a kid anymore, but he is still improving and probably has another 3-4 years until his body starts to decline. Despite only being a blue belt in BJJ his ground game is strong enough to have 5 submissions out of his 13 victories, and at a massive 6’3 his length allows him to land strikes without putting himself st risk and should cause problems for anyone in the division. I think he could become a top 5 fighter but IMO prob won’t ever get a title fight (does that make him a gate keeper?)
What does the future hold for Mr. Vick, sherdog?

10 feet if he wants ceiling fans.

In my opinion, he just reached it. He is banking off his height, his guard is low, not much a fan of his technique, I don't see him breaking top 5.

His TDD is 61%. Many of the top 155 guys have a wrestling base which means he will be on his back a lot. He showed good scrambles against Trinaldo but against higher level guys?

Not sure if he will be successful.

He has really been fighting well lately, and after tonight has a 4 fight win streak. At 30 years old he isn’t a kid anymore, but he is still improving and probably has another 3-4 years until his body starts to decline. Despite only being a blue belt in BJJ his ground game is strong enough to have 5 submissions out of his 13 victories, and at a massive 6’3 his length allows him to land strikes without putting himself st risk and should cause problems for anyone in the division. I think he could become a top 5 fighter but IMO prob won’t ever get a title fight (does that make him a gate keeper?)
What does the future hold for Mr. Vick, sherdog?

He might crack top 8, but guys like Felder and Barboza and Lee and Iaquinta are going to beat him. His size has been his biggest weapon but at the top its not going to work like that

I hate to call out guys for using their physical attributes to their advantage. That's why I'm a Jones fan.

But in all honeslty, Vick is not very good at all. The guy literally depends on his height, and rides the cage.

Plus the difference between him and Jones is that Jones is 6'4 fighting at 205lbs, Vick is fucking 6'3, fighting at 155.

Well he has height and reach over Conor so he will beat him.

Vick has looked exactly the same for the last 4 years. I'd say his ceiling was hit 4 years ago.

I hate to call out guys for using their physical attributes to their advantage. That's why I'm a Jones fan.

But in all honeslty, Vick is not very good at all. The guy literally depends on his height, and rides the cage.

Plus the difference between him and Jones is that Jones is 6'4 fighting at 205lbs, Vick is fucking 6'3, fighting at 155.
...and Mark Hunt is 5'10 as a HW and DC is 5'9 as a LHW/HW.

6'3" lanklet who fights at 155 to gain a size advantage and still can't finish a 39 year old brazilian LOL. He's hit his ceiling already and missed his opportunity to prove to the UFC that he deserves bigger opponents

He's got anger management issues but I honestly believe he could achieve the glory of main eventing a fight pass card

I know that I was a little optimistic with him making top 5 eventually but I’m surprised to see that most people disagree with me and don’t think he’s that good. Oh well, that’s why I asked the question! We will just have to wait and see

I think he can compete with anyone up until like the top 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back