Real talk tho how much does a beard like Burkmans absorb damage?

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I know we joke about this but surely it has to at least help 10% its cushioning all around the worst place to get hit.

A beard would soften a miniscule amount of force a punch would generate.

It doesn't. A beard doesn't prevent your brain from rattling around in your skull.

Obviously not enough.

I think the whole " beards absorb punches " is one of the biggest fallacies in combat sports .... i mean how the fuck does thousands of strands of facial hair absorb powerful strikes ? seems like potato science to me.

If you think a beard absorbs some damage then you are delusional.

It might hurt the opponents accuracy to hit the chin a little bit but it will do nothing to reduce the damage.

tenor.gif

I would like to propose that due to the fact that no vaseline is put on the jaw, that in fact it makes a punch to the jaw worse. Also the beard could possibly act as grip for a fist much the same way it adds additional grip to guillotine chokes, I know that for a fact because I have a great beard myself that you'd all be jealous of even though if I don't trim it I start to be accused of being a sleeper cell.

Burkman vs Erick Silva please. Either Burkman gets back on track or the young prospect comes of age

I just dont get this latest fascination with growing beards, not only do they look scruffy but they itch like fuck, give me a nice tight stubble any day.

If that's true then Reem needs to stop shaving right away

Back