How Good Will Fighters Get?

A.S. Deep

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At first we had style vs. style with mostly one-dimensional fighters. Then we had the top guys in each division be well-rounded, with the bottom guys still one-dimensional and relying on power, chin, or athleticism (HW is still like this IMO). Now most divisions are well-rounded, but the vast majority of fighters aren't a GSP, TJ, MM, or Jones who are experts at everything.

Will there come a day where most fighters are experts at striking, wrestling, BJJ and have amazing power, cardio, and chin? If so, then how good will the cream of the crop of that generation be? Basically, how good can fighters ever hope to get?

Sadly peds maybe the difference in pushing already well rounded fighters to that next level... :(

At first we had style vs. style with mostly one-dimensional fighters. Then we had the top guys in each division be well-rounded, with the bottom guys still one-dimensional and relying on power, chin, or athleticism (HW is still like this IMO). Now most divisions are well-rounded, but the vast majority of fighters aren't a GSP, TJ, MM, or Jones who are experts at everything.

Will there come a day where most fighters are experts at striking, wrestling, BJJ and have amazing power, cardio, and chin? If so, then how good will the cream of the crop of that generation be? Basically, how good can fighters ever hope to get?
They can get really good

They will be so good a fighter will be able to be champion for years without even stepping foot into the octagon.

They will get good but I doubt a time will come where every fighter is a replica of GSP/TJ

for as long as fighting is around, there will ALWAYS be those freaks that exist with less skill but unreal punching power/toughness

In T-Minus 10 years we're gonna' see some bruce lee shit son, 1 inch punching people half way across the octagon, fuckin'...fuckin' cartwheel kicks, hand stands and all that madness. Capoeira and shit like that. This is what the UFC will be like in the future.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32547-1366799353-0.gif

tumblr_ofqfc0TYND1u6jjy9o1_400.gif

But not all have the skill sets, genetics, and natural abilities for the peds to make a difference in their performance..

Jon Jones has 2 brothers in the NFL.

We could assume that he has the genetics and abilities of an NFL-level athlete.

He stated before that he chose wrestling instead of football because it's an individual sport (long story short he's a shitty person that probably wouldn't perform well in a team sport because of a low emotional IQ and poor teamwork skills).

And he has one of the most impressive skill sets in MMA.

So I think we can assume that Jon Jones is the fighter you're dreaming about.

A-level genetics.

A-level skills.

A-level PED game.

Jon Jones has 2 brothers in the NFL.

We could assume that he has the genetics and abilities of an NFL-level athlete.

He stated before that he chose wrestling instead of football because it's an individual sport (long story short he's a shitty person that probably wouldn't perform well in a team sport because of a low emotional IQ and poor teamwork skills).

And he has one of the most impressive skill sets in MMA.

So I think we can assume that Jon Jones is the fighter you're dreaming about.

A-level genetics.

A-level skills.

A-level PED game.

Dude I was talking in generalities in regards to peds use that the more you have within you the better the effects, if you wanna use JJ as your examples then you do you man. Peds or not the man has fight game..

Nothing replaces experience. This is why I believe records are greatly misleading. Many fighters today are protected and take safer fights until later in career.

They might have impressive records but if u look closer...who have they fought?

A prime example of this is Khabibs 25 -0 record. I'm not taking away but only a small fraction the his fights were fought in the UFC.

In T-Minus 10 years we're gonna' see some bruce lee shit son, 1 inch punching people half way across the octagon, fuckin'...fuckin' cartwheel kicks, hand stands and all that madness. Capoeira and shit like that. This is what the UFC will be like in the future.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32547-1366799353-0.gif

tumblr_ofqfc0TYND1u6jjy9o1_400.gif
The new breed is coming.

Nothing replaces experience. This is why I believe records are greatly misleading. Many fighters today are protected and take safer fights until later in career.

They might have impressive records but if u look closer...who have they fought?

A prime example of this is Khabibs 25 -0 record. I'm not taking away but only a small fraction the his fights were fought in the UFC.
Good point. Most modern fighters don't have to face killers in their first few fights like Arona, Hunt and other old school guys did.

Reached their peak in the mid to late 2000s IMO. Been a slow and steady decline since then, with a few notable exceptions.

Back