If Velasquez comes back and gets hurt again..should the UFC just cut him?

CombatScience

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Velasquez is like an employee who never shows up to work. If Velasquez gets hurt in THIS return, during training, should the UFC just cut him and let him go be Bellator's problem? Then they can cut him...then he can go fight in Japan where he won't have to train so hard and get hurt or retire.

If he gets hurt, should the UFC cut him?

Velasquez 2 days before his fight.

U9xnOli.gif

Cain is one of the few fighters I don't think will ever be cut...he will retire before jumping ship.

Cain can win the title.

With that said, I would keep him far from the belt as possible until he has shown he can consistently be active and win.

Pretty much as if he were a HW freshly inked with the UFC.

His last win was over Travis Browne 1.5 years ago and Mr. Honda is 1-5 in his last 6.

Before that, it was a loss to Werdum almost 3 years ago and his last big win (over JDS) was 4 years ago.

Throw him a top 15 HW and go from there.

Yes.

Cain & Khabib can start the AKA Injury Fight League (sponsored by Tiramisu)

Yea the UFC HW division needs more cuts that's exactly what they need.

<JagsKiddingMe>

wtf...is this real? lol
Looking at the pack I think most likely they are a base jumper who slipped. Probably just fell a bit and opened his shoot but they cut that bit out to make it look funny. Person looks way too calm while falling so probably have experience.

Looks like he had a parachute on, otherwise if it was backpack homeboy just naturally selected himself out of the gene pool.
Beat me to it :)

Why cut him? He doesn't have the belt

If he wants to fight once every 5 years and make minimum wage that's upto him

No need to cut him. But he shouldn't be anywhere near a title fight until he proves he can fight consistently.

Also, ban AKA and burn their facilities to the ground.

Back