All Aboard the Beastwagon (Official Derrick Lewis support thread)

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
derrick-lewis-ufc-90-gym-workout.jpg

Lewis has been in the UFC less than 4 years and has fought 12 times in that period (9-3, 8 (T)KOs). He is looking to bounce back after a nasty loss to Mark Hunt ended his 6 fight win streak.

Tybura is currently 3-2 in the UFC coming off a loss by decision to Werdum. Lewis is ranked 7th and Tybura 9th so the winner of this fight could conceivably get a TS or at worst will be one more win from that and should be propelled up to top 5 status in any case. This is a very big opportunity for both fighters, Tybura looking to fast track to the top and Lewis was approaching top 5 anyway before he came unstuck against Hunt.

Both fighters are primarily strikers but Tybura does have a respectable ground game whereas Black Beast really prefers to finish things on the feet. Tybura presumably will be looking to wear down Lewis's cardio and impose grappling exchanges and a ground fight on Lewis whereas Derrick will be going for the KO as always and does have heavy gnp as well.

Honestly I rarely say this but this fight I find very hard to predict. I think either could win. I'm supporting Black Beast and looking forward to see a new improved Beast after he has finally cleared up his back trouble and has been training extra hard. Let's see where his cardio and grappling are at now. One thing's for sure though if he connects flush on Tybura that'll be all she wrote.

derrick-lewis-of-the-united-states-poses-on-the-scale-during-the-ufc-picture-id694318104

Put some money on BB to win via decision at +600 lol, hope he gets it done

I think Tybura beats him, but Lewis is a fun fighter.

Money on Tybura. Won´t be too suprised if Lewis would get a KO, but we´ll see.

Such a racist nickname

Could you imagine Stipe being called the White Fireman?

Refined gentlemen like mr. Beast are a breath of fresh air. #cheers

Double standards, bro. Why isn't chuck Liddell the white iceman or arlovski the white pitbull? It goes without saying why

I know what you're saying but BB doesn't ever come off as racist so it's a non issue.

The winner won't get a titleshot lol but everyone at hw who wins a fight is always close. Both guys being in the top 10 means they are real close.

What is the line on Lewis gassing badly and doing nothing in fight?

I like Derek but you have to admit this is like a scuffed, Great Value version of Stipe/Ngannou: the big puncher who gasses vs the smaller but more well rounded fighter with cardio.

I like Derek but you have to admit this is like a scuffed, Great Value version of Stipe/Ngannou: the big puncher who gasses vs the smaller but more well rounded fighter.
a straight to dvd version?

Back