Theres one fighter that could beat jon jones convincingly(in depth).not stipe,gus or cain

3sumrock

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
is Overeem, why? because Overeem or ecoreem surpass jones almost at every area(kicks, boxing, BJJ,clinch game)
Striking:
jones: the reason why jon jones striking is so good is that of how many tools he got on feet, and the reach.jones is a distance striker that like to pick his opponent apart.
--kicks: jones throw every kind of kicks on feet like oblique kick(which jones use it all the time),teep, round, side and front, body, outside and inside leg kick
giphy.gif

5_medium_medium.gif

b5f51bcc81eaf1d55a2e2c64fd1e5f80.jpg

--boxing: jones boxing is probably his greatest weakness.other than his overhand and jab ,his boxing is pretty much useless.

Overeem: overeem is probably the best and most technical striker in hw history,not only is he the most precise striker in hw, he also got the most variety on feet.even more than jones.ever since overeem become ecoreem, his striking defense and footwork have improved much more.completely tooled JDS on feet and no one was able to catch ecoreem other than stipe
--kick: like jones,Overeem throw every kind of kick on feet like oblique kick,crane, head,body,front, inside and outside leg kick.and they're much more powerful than jones kicks.
UnripeDirectBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

overeem-vs-arlovski-body-kick-2.gif

Ib4PId.gif

200w.webp
fc141aovetkobles.gif%3Fw%3D660

and the most important is the leg kick because of how powerful Overeem leg kick is, and how skinny jones leg is
giphy.gif

--boxing: this one is obviious,overeem boxing is way better,way more precise and way more powerful than jones.
overeem-ko-jds.gif

Clinch game:
Jones: jon jones throw everything in the clinch, like knee and most importantly elbows.his elbow is deadly,fast and it makes up for his terrible boxing
jon-jones-elbows-glover-teixeira.gif

Jon+Jones+Elbows+Rashad+Evans+-+UFC+145.gif

Spinning elbow(not from clinch)
F4WsD70.gif
jon-jones-spinning-back-elbow-shogun.gif

but that is the absolutely the worst place jones want to be in.because Overeem got the best clinch game in MMA history.he got the best and most powerful knee in MMA history
giphy.gif
cb8hOmk.gif
200.gif

48f9398679d8a56aca8e1d8b8779cc23.gif

wrestling: jon jones is a great wrestler, among the best in ufc today but he doesn't go for the double or single leg(most of the time).he takes people down from the clinch like he did against Cormier, shogun and Machida by outpowering them
jon-jones-shogun-takedown-ufc-128.gif
giphy.gif

but that's a problem if he fights against Overeem because Overeem is insanely strong in the clinch and he is bigger than Jones.

Conclusion: overeem is a terrible matchup for jones

Did I make it in before the KO gif??

Edit: YES!!

I agree with your evaluation. I've also heard that Overeem gives him the business in sparring at JW. Bad matchup for Jones.

Reem has already beat up Juicehead in training.

That is why one of the plethora of DC fights were canceled.

Jones would smash this guy. Jones is like 7 years younger. Ngannou softened that chin up for Jones too, even though Jones ain't known for power we might just see a Bones BOMB!

Jones would smash this guy. Jones is like 7 years younger. Ngannou softened that chin up for Jones too, even though Jones ain't known for power we might just see a Bones BOMB!
most Overeem ko'd come from punches.and you know how bad and weak jones boxing is

Last edited:
Good post and yeah Overeem may be the one I person who’s better. One thing I will never doubt is that Jon is a winner and if this matchup would happen I still wouldn’t pick against Jon Jones.

Stipe would lay him out flat within a few minutes.

0BVDX8g.gif

most Overeem ko'scome from punches.and you know how bad and weak jones boxing is
Nope but I do know how diverse and creative Jon Jones striking is and his infinite chin.

Last edited:
Best fight IQ vs one of the worst

Jones elbow KO against the fence

Quickness, footwork, boxing and TDD...Gus is your guy if you wanna dethrone Bones

i think Jones would have trouble with a ton of heavies. but ya, Overeems major weakness is his chin, and Jones aint no big hitter.

1. He's ugly as fuck, that's an ugly fucking picture so he'd lose a looks contest as well.
You're the same guy who made this thread, right?
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/better-looking-fighter-young-jon-jones-or-young-rockhold.3711637/

Honestly man, it seems like you're into Jones a little too intimately. That you enjoy watching him more than just for his fighting ability. Interested in Jon's, "Bones", as it were.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the guy has a fiance.

There are actually stories I've heard where people from his gym say that overeem tools jones in sparring. I agree I don't think he could beat reem, especially if his chin was better. I don't think that's my first choice though, I would pick werdum over anyone cause jones is actually scared of him. Remember when he called out werdum and other hws saying that they'd be easy and werdum said he'd fight him and jones just shut up and dropped hw for awhile lol

When reem is on he's on. but when he isn't on his lights are out.

But yes the fighter who weighs 40 pounds more is usually favoured

Dumbass get your facts straight, it was the first fight and it got canceled due to a knee engery where Jones and Rene ended up on the ground and his leg bent in an awkward position. Ass wipe.

I just about had it with your bs kiddo.
Why are you name calling and then confirming the same facts you told him to get straight?

Back