why isnt iowa a hot bed for mma gyms

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
the best wrestling in the country just about and no top camps there anymore or fighters coming out of there i find that strange

the best wrestling in the country just about and no top camps there anymore or fighters coming out of there i find that strange
Hey man, fellow Iowan here. Would like someone to train UFC with. Get pounded behind the barn and all that, you dig?

1. There's no money in Iowa

2. Wrestling as one's primary skill doesn't quite cut it anymore, this isn't the early-to-mid 2000's anymore

One winter in the Midwest and realizing that getting your face beat in by the Blackzillions sucks but, it is worth it being in FL.

Ufc is dying, therefore camps as well

actually thats not true at all you know how many gyms are open nowadays lol even in my home state of missisisppi where there use to be 3 bjj gyms n the whole state in 2007 now theres over 30

Hey man, fellow Iowan here. Would like someone to train UFC with. Get pounded behind the barn and all that, you dig?

its not hard to find a decent black belt and old boxing coach tot each for you especially today

Because no one lives there except for three goats and a nigg@ named Doug.

Considering the education cuts in the united states, most folks in Iowa will be working full time by the time they are 12. No time for sports, which also got cut.

Idk about states in the US but I’ve heard that Ohio is the best wrestling state. And it doesn’t really have huge camps. Wrestling wouldn’t correlate to camps because no one can rely on just a wrestling gym . This isn’t UFC 3

Do ppl from Iowa actually stay in Iowa ? What’s the economy like there ? Is it an exciting place for young adults to live ?

Back home in Canada, there are a few provinces where young ppl gtfo as soon as they are old enough to become independent. They head to the more economically stable provinces.

Downturns in the oil industry in particular can affect that. But, ppl move to Alberta from all over Canada to work in the oil industry. And, pretty much every other job is related to it in one way, or another. The guy flipping burgers at McDonalds gets paid $15/hr... It’s the MINIMUM wage. And there is NO provincial sales tax.

Then tell them to stop recruiting in PA, they have 3 PA kids in there lineup.

Miletich was in Iowa. So there has been a major camp there in the past. No idea why there aren't others..

In modern MMA, it's not just about where the best people of a single base are from. You need the best of all backgrounds and you need them to all be available in the same area. You need a place that attracts groups of people where the best of everything is accessible and congregates there. For that reason, the best MMA camps today are based in large population centers. Not necessarily the biggest cities (space may be more expensive and harder to come by), but in or near major cities and in places that are desirable to live and have a lot of people there. Iowa doesn't really meet that.

Also I vote Pennsylvania for best wrestling.

Do ppl from Iowa actually stay in Iowa ? What’s the economy like there ? Is it an exciting place for young adults to live ?

Back home in Canada, there are a few provinces where young ppl gtfo as soon as they are old enough to become independent. They head to the more economically stable provinces.

Downturns in the oil industry in particular can affect that. But, ppl move to Alberta from all over Canada to work in the oil industry. And, pretty much every other job is related to it in one way, or another. The guy flipping burgers at McDonalds gets paid $15/hr... It’s the MINIMUM wage. And there is NO provincial sales tax.

I heard from several people that McDonald's workers were getting over $30/hour and the managers still couldn't find employees because the cost of living in Fort MacMurray was so expensive that $30/hour wasn't nearly enough for people to survive out there. Someone once told me it was $36/hour.

Not disagreeing with you, just sharing a tidbit. I know the rest of Alberta doesn't have the same economic climate as Fort Mac.

Back