Name your favorite fight ever, and why.

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
TJ vs Cody

that fight had everything.
The prefight: TJ leaves TAM after winning the belt, snake in the grass, the choke gif, Cody basically admitting TAM takes roids and TJ showed them how to, the Knock down video.

The actual fight: Cody Knocks TJ down, taunts TJ in between rounds and dancing after a miss head kick,
everyone chanting "FK YOU, TJ!", Then BOOM, TJ bounces his shin off of Codys skull, and momentum just shifts, and TJ proceeding to outposition Cody and knocking him the fk out.

but thats not all folks:
The postfight:
105_Cody_Garbrandt_vs_TJ_Dillashaw.0.jpg
11_1200_800592163166410401509868906.4762.jpg

TBH, I honestly thought this rivalry was just a fake beef like Cruz and Faber. But when he did this. I knew this wasn't fabricated. Dudes on his fking tippy toes, screaming in his face!

TLDR: Top notch theatrics, amazing fight sick comeback, and probably going to be a classic rivalry.

Diaz vs McGregor I would be my second.

Last edited:
Woodley vs Maia

Hadn't been able to sleep well those few days before that fight.

I owe both fighters.

Realistically probably Rory vs Lawler 2. It had heart, grit and determination from two warriors.

Another fight I like a lot is Hendricks vs Lawler. Amazing fight back and forth.

Way too many for me to pick just one, but an example would be Hendo vs Shogun.

That was one of the most savage, back-and-forth Just Bleed wars ever. The sheer toughness and fighting spirit exhibited by both guys was awe-inspiring.

No quit in either of them in that fight, no matter how badly they were hurt.

Way too many for me to pick just one, but an example would be Hendo vs Shogun.

That was one of the most savage, back-and-forth Just Bleed wars ever. The sheer toughness and fighting spirit exhibited by both guys was awe-inspiring.

No quit in either of them in that fight, no matter how badly they were hurt.
Likewise

Lawler vs Rory

Cain vs Bigfoot 2 and Cain vs Rotwell.

Khabib vs Barboza for big gnp.

I like gruesome punches and ruthless Mario Yamasaki.

Diaz vs Daley
Shogun vs Machida

Was at the Diaz one live and both those fights were so tense on first watch.

Jones vs Gus

Because Juice-boy got his ass kicked, and looked like he was about to shit his pants after the fight.

Gonna have to go with Fedor vs. Cro Cop

That fight had so much build up, plus Cro Cop's KO of Aleks. That's a fight the fans had been waiting for for a long time. The atmosphere was insane for that fight. I was in the edge of my seat every second. It was a real chess match.

1. GSP vs Bisping

2. GSP vs Hughes 2

3. BJ Penn vs Sanchez

Jones X Gus

Fighter that looks unstoppable goes up against heavy underdog, underdog gives him the fight of his life in a razor close back and forth war

Didn't really like Jones before that but that fight made me a Jones fanboy and a fan of Gus

Wanderlei/chuck.

Happened a couple years later than it should've but it delivered. I'll never forget Chuck cracking Wanderlei, following him to the fence and wand just exploding with a fucking hurricane of hooks and haymakers. Great fight even tho Wand lost.

Conor vs. Chad Mendes. My anticipation of Conor vs. a wrestler was very high. I had fully bought into the Conor hype machine by that time. When Conor was taken down for the first time was possibly the most excited and anxious I ever got as an MMA fan. And then the finish...just wow.

Back