Justin Gaethje Believes Joanna Will Lose The Rematch

What's the bet this will become a discussion about his recent loss?

Edit: He's not wrong btw.

He's biased, and maybe so am I, haha, but I agree. Thug Rose is keeping that belt.

Last edited:
I mean he trains with Rose so yeah

Justin needs to focus on getting back to winning ways not some WMMA scrap.

Thug Rose is gonna treat Joanna like she was a piano, and play a little Chopin on her face, only using fists instead of fingers.

He's supposed to say that but he ain't wrong.

I admit I lost my bet on the first fight. I still think, will not bet, that JJ takes the second fight. She is more skilled standing and difficult to take and keep down.

JJ in 4.

Rose by RNC this time.

I admit I lost my bet on the first fight. I still think, will not bet, that JJ takes the second fight. She is more skilled standing and difficult to take and keep down.

JJ in 4.

Rose has evolved crazy fast, JJ couldn't handle her footwork, for one thing. And she has proven that she doesn't need a takedown to win. Of course JJ could win but I think it's highly unlikely.

For what it’s worth I think so too.

There are very few former champs to take their belt back.

The game moves fast!

if JJ can get through the first round & find a rhythm, who knows, I don't think she ever really got out of 1st gear that last time.. it'll be a different fight imo not sure who I'd pick, Rose has 1 ko in 10 fights and it happened to be over JJ, there will be no surprises this time around

Boys don't cry got this.

I saw an interview with him where he said something to effect of “I was more happy for Rose than I was for myself if any fight ever.”

He seemed sincere as well. Good dude. Sounds like a great training partner, plus I did enjoy his coaching on TUF.

My thoughts on the topic from another thread:

What's hilarious about Joanna's weight cut excuse is the fact that she's always had bad weight cuts since winning the title back in 2015.

Rose's feints, head movement, and footwork made Joanna miss, which is why she "looked off". Meanwhile, Joanna has a history of getting hit and knocked down (See Gadelha and Andrade fights). Factor in Joanna buying into her own hype and her taunts towards Rose backfiring and the results are not surprising. Joanna has only 5 months to: recover from a concussion, recover from her weight cut, go through a training camp, correct the holes in her stand up (assuming she isn't in denial), regain her confidence, and go through another bad weight cut. If Joanna is truly buying into her excuses, then I predict we'll see shades of Nunes vs. Rousey and Joanna will get finished even more quickly.

Back