Tony Ferguson`s coach says Tony will knock Khabib out

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“You all haven’t seen [Ferguson] really strike yet. His ability and what we work on is amazing and I’m not being biased. He has this thing where he doesn’t want to show all his cards and I fuss about it but he gets the job done. You will see more of his ability this fight [vs Khabib] for sure. […] Tony’s been working the past few months on his body overall before the start of camp so he’s coming to camp in shape. The thing with Tony is he can win anyway. The last camp [for UFC 216] I felt a submission, but this one [vs Khabib Nurmagomedov], I see a knockout.”Rashad Holloway, Tony Ferguson’s boxing coach, speaking to IB Times UK." http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tony...magomedov-gets-koed-conor-mcgregor-no-chance/

Lets see if "chin up" Tony will mutate into mystic wepon Tyson against Khabib. I mean same talk before Khabib fought Michael Johnson or Barboza "Khabib will get knocked out".

Coach is a cocky Rashad Holloway. He also says McGregor doesnt have a chance stand up against Tony Ferguson.

While from the Khabib side they talk more with respect about this fight.

Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov; “Ferguson should be respected for what is beating in the blood. He deserves respect... win 10 fights in UFC. This is history.. 25 consecutive victories against 10. Such in history UFC was not. This will be the best fight of the last 3 years..” #UFC223

Yeah because coaches always know what will happen. They are never subjective. Nope.

Well, it doesn't get more unbiased than that, I'll go place a bet right now

I doubt anyone at LW has the power to knock Khabib out, or really get him into a position for a TKO stoppage. I just dont see it.

What I do see is a five round war of attrition that will end in a close but obvious decision win..... 60/40 Khabib

I doubt anyone at LW has the power to knock Khabib out, or really get him into a position for a TKO stoppage. I just dont see it.

What I do see is a five round war of attrition that will end in a close but obvious decision win..... 60/40 Khabib

they probably think that the awkward, unpredictable style of fighting from tony will confuse khabib and tony will land a barrage of shot that will ko him.
so they try a little bit psychological warefare.... "whats comming... im the unpredictable tony im working on secret stuff that u never see before"...

my prediction is that khabib will submit tony after tony showed some good moments and won stages of the fight... but khabib will be able to grind him out because his stamina will not be affected in the later stages where tony gets usually stronger as a slow starter.

Tony knocked out all his WWs in TUF and his first few fights in UFC at LW. Not like he doesnt have power. As of late he just prefers to sub them since he evolved a BJJ game since those early days.

Anyway whatever. Coaches Ali fans can't fight for them. This shouuld be be an epic fight and could go either way.

they probably think that the awkward, unpredictable style of fighting from tony will confuse khabib and tony will land a barrage of shot that will ko him.
so they try a little bit psychological warefare.... "whats comming... im the unpredictable tony im working on secret stuff that u never see before"...

my prediction is that khabib will submit tony after tony showed some good moments and won stages of the fight... but khabib will be able to grind him out because his stamina will not be affected in the later stages where tony gets usually stronger as a slow starter.
"I wrestle bear when I was little boy. What Tony do?"

Tony knocked out all his WWs in TUF and his first few fights in UFC at LW. Not like he doesnt have power. As of late he just prefers to sub them since he evolved a BJJ game since those early days.

Anyway whatever. Coaches Ali fans can't fight for them. This shouuld be be an epic fight and could go either way.
Massive difference in competition

Tony has that knock out power. He knocked out some dudes before.
But how can you knock out someone while you are on your back fighting for you life.
Even tho Khabib has one of the best striking defenses, at least statistics proves that.
And he ate that spinning kick even tho Barboza was tired, but still it generates more power than punches do.

If Tony wins, it would be submission. He has nasty submission skills. But not a knock out

Just googled the coach, he is 12-2 in boxing.

That's like 6-1 in MMA.

Seems well experienced, I say we trust his every word :)

But how can you knock out someone while you are on your back fighting for you life.
Even tho Khabib has one of the best striking defenses, at least statistics proves that.
And he ate that spinning kick even tho Barboza was tired, but still it generates more power than punches do.

If Tony wins, it would be submission. He has nasty submission skills. But not a knock out

the thing is tony is very well on his back because mma jiu jitsu doesnt go into deep... like the boxing in mma, that doesnt go deep at all.
most fighters just learn how to take someone down and hold him down/try to submit him and/or land some ground and pound..
so when someone scambles they dont have a answer to that because thats the point where jiu jitsu in the ufc usually ends.

in professional jiu jitsu and wrestling competition they work on counter the scramble wich khabib comes from.
u see scamble into scramble into scramble.. u dont see that in the ufc but in pure jiu jistu and wrestling competition.

Oh, well. It's all over for Nurmagomedov, I guess.

Just kidding. Nurmagomedov by anything he wants.

Easy for the coach to say these things, he's gotta be positive for his fighter and most importantly... he doesn't actually have to get in there with Khabib. Rashad Holloway talks like he is a sherdogger

Tony's coach trying to hype this one.

Lol @ Tony not wanting to show all his cards. I always laugh when coaches and fighters say shit like this.

I seriously doubt that anyone competing at a high level would hold back on a technique or skill that could help them win a fight. If they're not utilizing something, it's because their not confident enough to use it yet, they don't need to because they're having success doing other things, or their competitor is simply shutting it down.

<mma4>

Exactly. Khabib isn't going to get upkicked, so his only chance is by submission. Tony hasn't shown enough defense to be able to stop Khabib from putting him on his back, so he's going to have to work for a submission. Coaches should shut up and let the fighters speak for themselves. So much self promotion when it should be about the fighter.

Ferguson hasn't knocked anybody out since 2014, so... yeah. I would have said that Barboza had a better chance of knocking Khabib out.

Back