Michael Johnson man......

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
Dominates Elkins in round one, proceeds to get tapped in the second.

Rocks and Almost finishes Gaethje, proceeds to get stopped in the second.

Gets Dominated by Khabib bell to bell.

KO'd Poirer and looked amazing doing so.

Lost a decision to Nate, and a split to Dariush.

Beat Barboza

Beat Tony several years ago

KO'd Tibau a few years ago.

This guy is so inconsistent, could be top 5 in 145 or 155, but just cant seem to put it together. He needs to work on his ground game. I think he deserves to be in the UFC, but he has lost 5 out of 6 fights. Who should he fight next?

Doo Hoi Choi or someone else from Top 11-15 at FW.

If he loses that one give him an unranked opponent, if he loses that one as well, send him to Bellator or elsewhere.

If he loses that one give him an unranked opponent, if he loses that one as well, send him to Bellator or elsewhere.
Doo Hoi Choi would spark him out. Id like to think so but feed my boy choi a bum, build him back up.

Both guys need a step back in my opinion. They should fight other people.

I wouldn't mind a rematch vs Gaethje. That was such an awesome fight. Pay them both big and give them an interim belt or some made up UFC shit

He looked great IMO in the first vs Elkins. Too bad Elkins is that durable and took it to the ground where Johnson drowned quickly.

That guy has some fast hands.

He looked great IMO in the first vs Elkins. Too bad Elkins is that durable and took it to the ground where Johnson drowned quickly.

That guy has some fast hands.

Yeah his punches are world class, his sprawls looked insane as well, but he just seems to find a way to lose, that and he seems to fade as the fight goes on.

It doesn't really matter the book is out how to beat MJ, most ufc fighters know wear him down rd1 finished in 2nd, he's gonna loose again and again.

The curious case of Michael Johnson, he is talented enough to be champion with the right matchup, but with a record like that it's going to be hard to get that shot.

He's been fighting a murderers row of top competition.

The guy needs a break. Let him fight some unranked fighters to build his momentum back up.

Dominates Elkins in round one, proceeds to get tapped in the second.

Rocks and Almost finishes Gaethje, proceeds to get stopped in the second.

Gets Dominated by Khabib bell to bell.

KO'd Poirer and looked amazing doing so.

Lost a decision to Nate, and a split to Dariush.

Beat Barboza

Beat Tony several years ago

KO'd Tibau a few years ago.

This guy is so inconsistent, could be top 5 in 145 or 155, but just cant seem to put it together. He needs to work on his ground game. I think he deserves to be in the UFC, but he has lost 5 out of 6 fights. Who should he fight next?

Always had a theory about MJ. His last two fights against Elkins and Justin he looked great at the start. Like so many fights before, once he gets backed up or in any trouble he panics and fades. Johnson doesn't do well once he's been hurt by strikes or put in a bad position. Shows lack of heart and toughness. He can't work through adversity, simple as that.

The fights he has won he's done it with ease.

I think MJ has developed some of the better hands in MMA at 155 and going to 145 after losing to tough guys isn’t the answer.

He’s like forgotten that he has decent wrestling, get back to being a well rounded fighter and not just a gun slinger. Really hope he makes an adjustment because I like the kid but it doesn’t seem he’s made any and lacks a second option

Anyone who thinks Johnson lacks heart needs to go back and rewatch the Castillo and Roller fights. Johnson has heart in spades, he just has a bad habit of defensive lapses.

Back