Opening odds favor Joanna Jedrzejczyk over Rose Namajunas

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Thats ok by me, I will gladly get paid AGAIN. I love odds makers. Like Ngannou was supposed to murder Stipe too.

K I get it, Joanna was impressive, dominant, the former champion who was on a tear, but the girl she is about to fight again is the girl that beat that dominant impressive fighter at her own game. I dont see how Rose is not the favorite when Joanna wasnt even in their fight to begin with.

Its not like Joanna was finished by a lucky punch she was dropped twice and decided to say "no mas" and tapped. Namajunas had a dominant performance from start to finish, period. There is no evidence that suggests Joanna can win against Rose.

Joanna had a chin that started to become suspect in nearly all her fights against top fighters. Claudia dropped JJ in the first round with a jab. Karolina rocked her and had her in trouble for about 10 seconds against the cage. Andrade gave her a hulk smash to the forehead and created a huge hematoma larger than an orange, and Rose was the one who finally put her bed.

No doubt in my mind Joanna will prepare and do better this time If it stays standing ...but I am not convinced "The Boogeywoman" has the power to knockout Namajunas if she does connect. We know Rose has the power to finish Joanna at anytime. Not only that but she still has to worry about Rose's take down/submission game but she knows Rose can hang on the feet now as well so it keeps her guessing. If it goes to the ground. Rose is dangerous and Joanna is in trouble

Jedrzejczyk isnt known for her KO power. She has only 1 knockout in the UFC against Esparza who at the time had no striking pedigree. Joanna won most of her fights by out pointing her opponent to a decision. Only way she wins this is if she can out point Rose for 5 rounds and hope she doesnt get touched on the chin again or taken down.

Rose has many more ways she can win this fight than Joanna so her being the favorite to me is silly. I agree with the lovely Valentina Shevchenko that Rose Namajunas will retain.

DISCUSS

I certainly hope Namajunas wins but Jedrzedczyk will not take her lightly and has something to prove. If Namajunas wins it won't be easy.

Joanna needs to be better prepared for Rose's length. She had fought mostly shorter fighters who had to get inside to hit her. It was like in training she didn't take into account that Rose was much longer than previous opponents and could thus hit her from distances she wasn't used to getting hit from. Couple that with Rose clearly working a TON on her boxing coming into the fight and we got the result we got.

I listened to Rose and Pat on Rogans pod cast tonight and she sounds really itelligent in her approach to fighting JJ, in a nut shell she says she can't go in with the same game plan this time because JJ won't fight the same...but also not to fix what isn't broke. Plus she expressed how she isn't afraid of Dutch kickboxing, that it looks intimidating but it's rythmic and repetitive. I could see JJ getting her but I think rose will be even more confident this time around and JJ might be a little shook from getting whooped and humbled so bad after all her embarrassing trash talk.

Rose won because of Joanna Champ fucked up weight cutt. She is about to get outclassed and murked in the rematch. Joanna will save my avatar and signature in the process. Y'all must have forgot. Savage Queen is back.

usa_today_9673585.0.jpg

20150620021701_IMG_1297.JPG

usa-today-8446867.0.jpg

joanna-jedrzejczyk-claudia-gadelha-tuf-23-finale-4.jpg

valerie-letourneau-ufc-1931.jpg

Last edited:
I listened to Rose and Pat on Rogans pod cast tonight and she sounds really itelligent in her approach to fighting JJ, in a nut shell she says she can't go in with the same game plan this time because JJ won't fight the same...but also not to fix what isn't broke. Plus she expressed how she isn't afraid of Dutch kickboxing, that it looks intimidating but it's rythmic and repetitive. I could see JJ getting her but I think rose will be even more confident this time around and JJ might be a little shook from getting whooped and humbled so bad after all her embarrassing trash talk.

It was a great podcast. Rose was great to listen to. Barry is a fun, likable dude but I thought some of his comments were a bit over the top. "We knew everything Joanna was going to do before she did it." It certainly did come across as though it was the case, given how easily Rose got her out of there but I thought that was kind of a pretentious statement.

I really liked the part where Rose discussed Joanna's trash talk. It's funny because for as angry and vindictive as some people on the thread seem to be about the way Joanna treated Rose in the build up, Rose did not seem to have a negative view of it at all based on the way she described things. She only looked down on it in the sense of her general philosophy of people being nice to one another and not needing to get into such antics. But in terms of personal offense or the like, there was nothing of the sort.

I liked her point about Joanna putting her fist in her face- paraphrased: I knew that the notion of getting physical in that context means one of two things- either she hates me that much that she is willing to hit me outside of the sanctioned match or she is trying to psych me out or get a reaction out of me. And I have no reason to think Joanna is a bad person so it's clearly the latter.

and LMAO at her comical mentioning of Joanna getting in her face before the fight and saying the cryptic and indecipherable "Did you buy the ticket? Do you believe him?" and it absolutely baffling her and Pat to the point that they were worried about what it meant.

With some adjustments I think Rose has a much harder time. I would honestly love to be surprised again though!

I actually like both fighters, but I think its not logical to say that Rose has JJs number and will beat her every time. Its not like Serra had GSPs number or JDS had Cain's number because he won quickly in their 1st fight.

I expect an exciting fight and I don't think JJ will underestimate Rose again. That being said, this fight goes either way.

Rose won because of Joanna Champ weight cutting. She is about to get outclassed and murked in the rematch. Joanna will save my avatar and signature in the process. Y'all must have forgot. Savage Queen is back.

usa_today_9673585.0.jpg

usa-today-8446867.0.jpg

"I think her booty stink" - Thug Rose

I'll be picking JJ in the rematch but I wouldn't be surprised if Rose wins. -250 favorite seems high though.

The way you guys are drooling over Rose and her “why can’t we all just be nice” schtick is 1000% more pathetic and bandwagony than the whole Joanna Champion shit.

She’s just the flavor of the weak for you cockfags.

Whaaaa?

I'm far more of a fan of Joanna than I am of Rose, despite liking Namajunas both as a person and fighter. I'm saying that all the people who were absolutely over the top pissed off at Joanna because of what she did to Rose should acknowledge the fact that Rose herself was not broken up over it.

Rose won because of Joanna Champ weight cutting. She is about to get outclassed and murked in the rematch. Joanna will save my avatar and signature in the process. Y'all must have forgot. Savage Queen is back.

usa_today_9673585.0.jpg

usa-today-8446867.0.jpg

Both fighters cut to the same weight.

Can anyone in this thread be objective... anyone??

Joanna has the better career
Better wins
Muay Thai champion

Sure she lost the last fight but I think you would have to be very bias to not think she is the better overall fighter

How can you get any more objective than this?

usa_today_9673585.0.jpg

usa-today-8446867.0.jpg

u69Mljl.gif Damn right

Back