It's amazing how much the sport has evolved. Guys like BJ Penn where really journeymen.

Theproof

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's truly incredible how big of a leap MMA has gone through in terms of skills.

Guys we once thought where untouchable.....the BJ's Anderson's, Fedord's of the world where nothing but slightly above average fighters during their big runs. As the sport got more popular and better athletes started to come in to the sport. Things changed quicky.

These athletes like Weidman, Yair Rodrigues, Matt Mitrione...guys who carry the new generation of neo movement and neo fighting skills. Fighters that possess high level skills in all categories of fighting changes the game.

It's astounding how dominant we thought all of these guys where In the past but in today's MMA world that has better fighters than what they where facing during their runs, they are nothing special.

I think that's something we all can be proud of.

tbt.gif

lol ts BTFO arready in the in the first few responses.

i agree that a prime bj loses to most of the current LWs

Motivated Penn was a journey man while Marinovich-Penn and Tippietoe-Penn were club fighters at best.

Mitrione is future Bellator HW Grand Prix winner.

Put some hespect on his name.

back in my days trolls tried to trigger you very subtly, these days they just say dumb shit that makes everyone else question their sanity/intelligence.

At least I would refer to Penn as "Coconut head" back when I wanted to piss off his fans years ago. Put some effort into it.

Back