Why should I care about PPV buyrates and fighter pay?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I enjoy the sport of MMA and enjoy watching fights regardless of the talent level of the fighters.

PPV numbers and the unfairness of interim titles etc really should mean nothing to a fan.

Nobodies telling you, you should. Like what you want to like, and the retards that care about buyrates can like what they like. {<BJPeen}

Younger fans tend to copy the personality of their favorite fighter. Jones fans tried to troll and lie constantly, Ronda fans were insufferable airheads who vanished at the first sign of adversity, and Conor fans are utterly obsessed with money and are trying to use it to tell themselves they still support Conor now that he refuses to even fight.

You can do as you wish.

Buy rates and pay go hand in hand with discussions on why certain fighters receive high fees and special treatment, and why others that are on 10 fight win streaks don’t receive those things.
And then of course it ties into matchmaking too.

we get too into PPV buys and fighter pay here.

but it is a canary in the coal mine for the general popularity of the UFC. PPVs going from 500K avg to 250K avg is not exactly great for the future of the sport in the US. internationally they do not have to buy PPV and are closing many deals with content providers.

but us here in the US and Canada have to pay 65 dollars a fight instead of 10 dollars a month.

Because it lets Conor fanboys have something to wank to.
They use it in goat rankings and reason for him not to defend lmao.

Floyd fought berto after pacman because he had 1 fight left of his contract and he finished it.

Even though he wouldn't sell or Floyd make nothing near the same amount.

Because some fighters can't even afford a decent lifestyle with some of the pay we hear these fighters are getting.

If the talent of the fighters truly means nothing to you, then yes the pay should be irrelevant. At the same time, if this is really the case, you could just watch Youtube videos of bum fights all day.

never understand why people talk about titles all day. in boxing you can just sense who the best in the division is.

The higher the buy rate and pay, the better product you'll get.

More money means better athletes and fighters.

The way combat sports promote the $$ they make comes off as insecure and overcompensation.

You won't see the NFL or NBA commissioners get on stage after a championship game and go over every aspect of their revenue as a first topic of discussion.

I was with you about not caring until you slipped the interim title stuff in there.

My main reason is from being a fan of the dark days of the UFC & want to see a sport I support prosper & more importantly I like that fighters are getting paid. This is a hard sport & I fear in the years to come we are going to hear a lot of nightmare stories be it about money or physical issues so its great to hear fighters are getting well paid & causing a bump for the rest of the roster.

PPV numbers are interesting as it shows which fighters are draws & if you don't care about the BS interim titles then more power to you. Obviously at the end of the day I agree all that matters is the fights but there's a lot more to the sport to follow if you wish.

Well if the ratings and buys are too low the sport/business will be over.

See Xarm for proof of this.

I don't know why people find this so difficult to understand
How much a fighter makes and how well a PPV does can tell how future cards will look like, and who could be headlining them
If a particular fighter, or division gets a lotmof attention then we'll likely see more of it. If they do poorly, then we'll see less of it.

The money influences the fights

Back