They need to sign Ben Askren right now

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He wants to come to the UFC no doubt about it. The UFC needs to sign this guy ASAP, and if not Bellator needs to come to him with a Rory title fight to make him interested. Ben needs to fight for the UFC or Bellator title next IMO, it would be such a waste if he doesn't.

Ben could have been a star, he's confident, he speaks his mind, and he seems level headed enough. He's been finishing a lot of fights and dominating people, and he's undefeated with a very good record. He's also an Olympic athlete. There is a lot of ways to market this guy.

IMO it would be stupid not to sign him. UFC.. Bellator.... Listen up! Get your heads out of your asses and get calling Ben Askren now with a deal.

I actually can't believe the lack of interest here, I know if I worked for the UFC or Bellator I would have already had Ben signed to a contract and I'd be setting up the title fight right now. Do they not understand how to market this guy? Market him as a badass American wrestler who just smashes people like Khabib. People like a winner and that's what Ben does.

As for Bellator, I don't know if Rory would be enough to entice him but it would be worth a shot.

Dana, I know you hate Askren but you're doing the mma community a disservice if you don't sign him right now. Just my opinion.

Ben will take a year off...

01f6c9bdd7699617a96d6477f0c4d3a7

Why do you think it's too late?
Ok maybe it’s not. Bring him and finally book him with GSP. That’s the fight to make so we can see GSP jab Ben’s fucking face off them beat him at his own game. Double leg city.

Zzzzz

Ben started finishing fights when he started fighting guys ranked outside the top 100.

He has already retired, innit?

He has already retired, innit?

He's willing to come out of retirement to fight the "best". He didn't clarify what exactly that meant but I have to think it's GSP, Woodley and maybe Rory at the moment.

you're doing the mma community a disservice if you don't sign him right now.
he doesn't care about you or the mma community, as long as you keep buying his product.

not signing Askren won't lead to less purchases.

and he and his people have apparently decided that signing Askren won't lead to more - or at least not enough more to cover the nut of signing him.

"care" has nothing to do with it. i mean, you get that, right?

He's willing to come out of retirement to fight the "best". He didn't clarify what exactly that meant but I have to think it's GSP, Woodley and maybe Rory at the moment.

Said on Rogan's podcast he doesn't want to fight Woodley because they're long time friends.

Have seen a total of 0 Askren fights... and highlight gifs. Does he even have 1?

He won't fight Woodley (teammates and long time friends) but it'd be awesome to see him come over for a few legacy fights. He's expressed interest in Wonderboy, which would be a great striker vs. grappler fight. I'd like to see him versus Usman too since I feel wrestler vs. wrestler fights are underrated.

Said on Rogan's podcast he doesn't want to fight Woodley because they're long time friends.

Interesting. I missed that part I guess. I wonder how far down the line the "best" goes then. I wonder if he'd fight guys like Lawler, Dos Anjos, Maia etc.

He won't fight Woodley (teammates and long time friends) but it'd be awesome to see him come over for a few legacy fights. He's expressed interest in Wonderboy, which would be a great striker vs. grappler fight. I'd like to see him versus Usman too since I feel wrestler vs. wrestler fights are underrated.

Would love to see him against Wonderboy

Back